➶ Sequel Preview ➶

| 16 years later |

Home is the starting place of love, hope, and dreams. That is where this story starts. In a loud, and crazy home. A group of friends celebrating the return home of a long-lost friend.

"its good to have you back Ponyboy!" A lot has changed in 16 years, Ponyboy re-joined the track team and used it to get a full ride to the University of Texas. He majored in English and Creative Writing, and with the help of several enthusiastic professors, turned his senior thesis into a major book deal.

Darry and I, Joey, had started dating, it felt weird, to say the least but it also felt right. We've been going strong now for about 7 years. Seeing as same-sex marriage is still illegal we haven't been able to much more than just date, btu we have talked about it.

Sodapop was drafted a few months back, he's been fighting in Vietnam now for about 6 months, and he's supposed to return home in a month or so before he has to go back out.

Steve's still working at the DX, he's taken a manager role now so that's pretty cool, other than that he's pretty much sill the same.

Two-bit's still helping his mum and his little sister, although she's in college now so he doesn't see her much. He comes around a lot to just spend time with us. To be honest I think he finds it lonely, with his mum working all the time and his sister off in college, I mean it has to get lonely.

We all try to meet up every now and then, its hard when Pony's in Texas and Soda in Vietnam, but we make it work. We get all of Soda's letters and he apparently gets all of ours but, I don't believe it. When the gangs free we try to go down and visit Johnny and Dally's graves. Sometimes even play a bit of football like the old days.

I still visit my brother's grave every month or so, when I go, I tell him all about Sophia or at least all that I know about her. Her new parents respected my wishes and are always sending me photos of her, but she doesn't know who I am, and probably never will.

We were all gathered at the table, two-bit, Steve, Pony, and I all ready to dig into this delicious meal Darry made for us when the phone rang, "I got it" I said as I got up and answered the phone "hello"

"hello, is this Joseph Anthony McPhee I'm speaking to? – you have been called to the court to discuss the will of Dr James Harris and Emma Harris" . . . .

| TO BE CONTINUED |