➶ 009 ➶

| third pov |

Joey had just gone to sleep and the gang was trying to watch Sophia. But so far it was going terribly. She kept slightly crying but not loud enough to wake joey but loud enough to make him stir.

"ugh, somebody do somethin'," Dally said as Sodapop tried pulling funny faces with two-bit to try and make her laugh but she just cried and backed away or sunk into Darry's embrace more.

"why don't you try somethin' then Dal," Steve said.

"I don't know anything about kids," he said and went to walk away before Steve tripped him and they two stared wrestling, this, now this the scene in front of her, with the two boy wrestling caused her to laugh. "hey wait" they stopped and went up close to her.

Dally hit Steve and Sophia was going to cry again but Steve quickly hit Dally and Sophia laughed. "she's definitely Joey's kid".

"alright c'mon" Darry said getting up, "Steve two, you guys stay here for when Joey wakes up the rest of us are gonna head over my place and we'll watch Soph there ok"

"its all your fault you know" I gasped and sat up, finding myself in a place that wasn't my home. It was a rather large house and I knew it all too well. It was my parent's house.

"c'mon Joey!" a young boy ran past me, "jack-".

"wait for me Jackie!" this was a dream, a dream I didn't like. I ran out the door following Jackie as we played on the streets, mom and dad decided to let Jackie have a break from studying so we decided to go and play ball.

Mom and dad didn't really like me, they preferred my brother over me, and I was tossed to the side a lot, but at least I still got my big brother. "I still have him right" I looked at the younger version of me, as a slight fog came in and made the whole scene feel eerie.

"I still have him right!" the boy cried and I stood there in front of him, watching as two adults came rushing out crying and screaming as the scene before me turned into one of bloodshed. They all turned to me with black eyes, "its all your fault!" they screamed and jumped at me.

"gah!" I sat up in a cold sweat, I felt myself making sure this was real. I was breathing heavily and shaking, I was sure my color was looking a bit pale, I really could go for a smoke, 'no' I can't not with Sophia in the house.

"joey you all right?" Two-bit asked as he sat on the floor playing a card game with Steve.

"yeah, I'm fine" I looked around and noticed the house was looking pretty empty, "where's the gang, a-and Sophia" I got up in a rush looking around frantically.

"Woah calm down baby Joey," Two-bit said putting his hand on my shoulders but I shrugged them off. "they're at Darry's, we stayed here to make sure this wouldn't happen" I calmed down a bit.

"ok, all right well imma head on down there then, I gotta make sure Sophia's ok"

"gold on you gonna tell us what that whole episode was?" Steve said getting up and handing Soda his cards. He was treating me like his kid brother and in that moment I couldn't handle that shit.

"no Steve, 'cause it don't matter," I said turning around and walking out the door. I was mad whether it be from my dream or Steve, I don't know, but in that moment I just needed to get to Sophia.