➶ 004 ➶

Two-bit and I had gone around town drinking our beer, catcalling some chicks, doing the rounds, and trying to get drunk. It was starting to get late and I was feeling slightly tipsy but Two-bit was still going as if he hadn't had a single drop. "you wanna head own to the nightly double seeing as its getting quite boring now?"

"sure, I don't see why not. Though they may have left already though" I said as we walked along the dimly lit street. Throughout out the afternoon two-bit and I had wondered about the tow, he showed me various ladies and said I should ask them out, but, it didn't feel right. I just didn't feel that I wanted a lady. . . I wanted a man, and as hard as it was to admit it, at the moment I was looking for a guy. A guy like Darry.

"hey look there they are" two-bit pointed towards two small-looking kids, Johnny and Ponyboy, and they were hanging around two smoking hot broads, don't get me wrong I may be gay but I am certainly not blind. "watch this" Two-bit said as he snuck up to them. "okay, greasers, you've had it".

Ponyboy nearly jumped out of his skin and I had to bite my jacket to prevent me from laughing. Ponyboy slowly looked over his shoulder to see two-bit grinning like the Cheshire cat and me trying my hardest not to laugh.

"Glory, Two-Bit, scare us to death!" two and I burst out laughing and I walked up to join them. I had calmed down a bit when I saw Johnny he was as pale as a ghost. Two-bit ruffled his hair and apologized.

"Who's this, your great-aunts?"

"Great-grandmothers, twice removed," the red haired chick said smoothly and I could only laugh at two-bit.

"haha, c'mon two, they're two hot to be some great aunts" yep the alcohol was definitely starting to hit me. The two girls became weary of me, "chill out ladies, I'm gay, not blind" I swayed away from them and they looked over to Ponyboy for confirmation.

He nodded before saying, "he's bisexual actually" he paused for a moment, before noticing the half-drunken bottle of beer in my hands, "he may also be a slight bit tipsy". I only ever told Ponyboy and Johnny that I was Bisexual, though I'm pretty sure the rest of the gang knew, by the way I called guys hot, there was no doubt they knew but they never brought it up.

"me, psh nah" I said as I downed the rest of my beer.

"Where'd you two ever get to be picked up by a couple of greasy hoods like Pony and Johnny?" Two-bit said as we all looked and tried to focus on the movie playing.

"We really picked them up," the girl with brown hair said. "We're really Arabian slave traders and we're thinking about shanghaiing them. They're worth ten camels apiece at least."

"five" Two-Bit disagreed. "They don't talk Arabian, I don't think. Say somethin' in Arabian, Johnnycake."

"Aw, cut it out!" Johnny broke in. "Dally was bothering them and when he left they wanted us to sit with them to protect them. Against wisecracking greasers like you, probably." Two-Bit grinned because Johnny didn't usually get sassy like that. We thought we were doing good if we could get him to talk at all. Incidentally, we don't mind being called greaser by another greaser. It's kind of playful then.

"Hey, where is ol Dally, anyways?"

"He went hunting some action--- booze or dames or a fight. I hope he don't get jailed again. He just got out"

"He'll probably find the fight," Two-Bit stated cheerfully. "That's why I came over. Mr. Timothy Shepard and Co. are looking for whoever so kindly slashed their car's tires, and since Mr. Curly Shepard spotted Dallas doing it... well... Does Dally have a blade?"

"Not that I know of," Ponyboy replied.

"I think he's got a piece of pipe, but he busted his blade this morning." The two continued to talk while I grabbed out a smoke and lit it. I offered one to johnny and the two girls with them but they didn't want any, well johnny did but not the girls.

"Good. Tim'll fight fair if Dally don't pull a blade on him. Dally shouldn't have any trouble."

The two girls stared at Johnny and Ponyboy before piping up, "You don't believe in playing rough or anything, do you?"

"A fair fight isn't rough;" Two-Bit said. "Blades are rough. So are chains and heaters and pool sticks and rumbles. Skin fighting isn't rough. It blows off steam better than anything. There's nothing wrong with throwing a few punches. Socs are rough. They gang up on one or two, or they rumble each other with their social clubs. Us greasers usually stick together, but when we do fight among ourselves, it's a fair fight between two. And Dally deserves whatever he gets, 'cause slashed tires ain't no joke when you've got to work to pay for them. He got spotted, too, and that was his fault. Our one rule, besides Stick together, is Don't get caught. He might get beat up, he might not. Either way there's not going to be any blood feud between our outfit and Shepard's, If we needed them tomorrow they'd show. If Tim beats Dally's head in, and then tomorrow asks us for help in a rumble, we'll show. Dally was getting kicks. He got caught. He pays up. No sweat."

"Yeah, boy," the red haired said sarcastically, "real simple." "Sure," the other one piped up, unconcerned. "If he gets killed or something, you just bury him. No sweat"

"You dig okay, baby." Two-Bit grinned and lit a cigarette. "Anyone want a weed? I know Joey offered you one but I'm pretty sure his don't got any weid in em'"" Ponyboy looked at Two-Bit admiringly. I glared at two-bit

"ofcourse these got weed in em'. There Steve's why wouldn't they"

The two girls shook their heads at his offering of cigarettes, but Ponyboy reached for one. Johnny's color was back and his breathing was regular, but his hand was shaking ever so slightly. A cigarette would steady it.

"Ponyboy, will you come with me to get some popcorn?" the red headed chick asked. Ponyboy jumped up. "Sure. Y'all want some?"

"I do," said the other chick that was still sitting down with us. She was finishing the Coke she had in her hands.

"Me too," said Two-Bit. He flipped me a fifty cent piece. "Get Johnny some, too. I'm buyin'," he added as Johnny started to reach into his jeans pocket.

"you don't mind if I join ya do ya?" I asked getting up.

"we do mind sorry" she said starting to pull Ponyboy along.

"plus you probably aint got no money" Ponyboy yelled out and I grumbled and sat back down.