➶ 014 ➶

Before I knew it, half the day had gone by and Chery had come to take Sophia back to her place for me. We had agreed it would be easier to take her back to Cherry's place, so she could say it was her baby cousin or something, less suspicious that way.

"ok, if anything I'm not sure about I'll ask my mum or call you" she nodded holding Sophia bouncing her up and down a little bit. "god she's so precious".

She looked up at me and then behind me, masking her happiness, I turned around and saw Pony and two-bit. "hi, Ponyboy, Hi two-bit" she said looking at the two.

"What's up with the big times?" She tightened the strings on her ski jacket.

"They play your way. No weapons, fair deal. Your rules."

"You sure?" She nodded. "Randy told me. He knows for sure." Two-Bit turned and started home. "Thanks, again Cherry," I said and walked back to the Curtis house while Ponyboy stayed to talk to cherry.

It felt weird not having Sophia clinging on to me like she normally would. Kinda felt lonely, but if I'm being honest it did kinda feel good to not have a kid screaming in your ear.

By the time I got back, it was almost half an hour till the rumble. Soda and Steve were playing some cards. I walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat, when I found Darry in his tight black shirt. It showed every muscle on his chest and even the flat hard muscles of his stomach. It was hot.

"eyes are up here Joey" I snapped out of my thoughts only now realizing he had turned around.

"psh, I knew that" I said and waved him off turning around and going into the fridge, one to cool off my forming blush and two, to grab some chocolate cake, unfortunately I could not find it fast enough and Darry had grabbed me forcing me to face him.

"oh I'm sure you did," he said leaning to whisper it in my ear. He kissed my neck then got up walking away with a slice of cake in his hand.

"grr, asshole" I mumbled grabbing myself a slice and walking into the living room when Ponyboy also walked in. "hey Pony," I said and he said hey back, and greeted the rest of the gang before rushing inside, most likely to get ready for the rumble.

"so Joey" Steve said as I sat down on the couch, "what's it like being parentless for the night?" he asked with a sly smile.

"not bad. How do you think it'll feel with my fist in your face" I swung at him but he dodged and pulled me down and sat on my back.

"holler uncle," he said and I di. He let go of me and I laid on the floor while Steve went back to his game. "baby Joey, wathcu doing with that jacket? You aitn seriously wearin that are ya?"

"nah" I said pulling it off and chucking it on the couch. "hey, mind if I borrow your bathroom" Darry replied with sure, so I walked in to find Ponyboy checking out his face.

"Joey what're you doin' in here?" he asked as I turned on the shower and quickly wet my hair. I found it easier to fight it was wet, cause then it wouldn't get blown in my face as much.

"this" I said as I shook my head wetting him, he just screamed and said it was cold.

"asshole!" he yelled as he shoved me out. "Soda," Ponyboy called from the bathroom, "when did you start shaving?"

"When I was fifteen," he yelled back.

"When did Darry?"

"When he was thirteen. Why? You figgerin' on growing a beard for the rumble?" Soda said Looking towards the bathroom while Steve tried to get a peak of his cards.

"You're funny. We ought to send you in to the Reader's Digest. I hear they pay a lot for funny things." Soda laughed and went right on playing poker with Steve in the living room.