14 More

Lily POV

"It's been a long fucking day..." I sighed as I closed the door behind us after Maya had peacefully fallen asleep.

I had the receiver from the baby monitor in my hand. Since the environment was unknown to my little one, I wanted to be able to check if she was okay. And I hoped that she would sleep through the night. After all, it had been a long, exciting day for both of us.

"I guess you could say that. Would you like a glass of wine or something?" Roman asked me as we walked back into the living room together.

"No, thanks. All I want now is some peace and quiet. Today was exhausting. It's been a while since I've felt so emotionally drained," I replied as I plopped down on the couch.

I rubbed my tired eyes as Roman sat down next to me. He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his chest. It was very quiet in the room. So quiet that I could hear his heartbeat.

"I know what you mean. But at least things went well with my mom. I can already tell that Maya has her wrapped around her little finger. And I know you're still very reserved, but I promise you it will get better every time.

Also the kids, especially Jojo, will get used to the situation quickly. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that you and Maya will be so far away again in a few days. I would rather have the opportunity to be close to my girls. In case you need me," he said after a while.

I lifted my head and looked at him. The thoughts in my head were racing.

"Is that what I am... your girl?" I asked, surprised, because I wasn't expecting it.

"You love me, don't you?" asked Roman and I nodded.

"And I love you. I've loved you for quite a while. And I'm not going to make the same mistake twice. I want us to have a chance. Not just as a family but as a couple. If that's what you want, of course." he replied while stroking my upper arm with his fingertips.

"Roman... listen... that's all fair and good. And I want this to work too... but what if everything we had was based on it being forbidden? What if it doesn't actually have anything to do with attraction? I don't think that-" I began, but stopped when Roman put his big hand to my cheek and looked deep into my eyes.

His brown orbs burned into my gaze and I quickly forgot everything around me. Slowly the doubts I had felt seconds before began to melt away. All it took to pull me back under his spell was that gaze.

Carefully he leaned forward until his soft lips brushed very gently over mine. My breath caught in my throat as any kind of argument I had went up in smoke as he began to kiss me.

But this time it was different. It was not only the raw desire, the greed for the forbidden that steered us. Somehow it felt deeper. Was it possible that there was more? More than the excitement for the forbidden? Everything inside me began to tingle as I clung to his shirt to pull him closer to me.

I lifted my hand and brought it into his hair. Gently I pulled the elastic out so his locks could fall over his broad shoulders. Roman pulled back a little and looked at me. His eyes glowed with a fire I had never seen before until he pulled me into his arms with a quick movement and then lifted me off the couch.

Just like that, he carried me down the hall to the bedroom where he gently laid me on the sheets. All the while, his eyes never once left my face.

"I love you, Lily. I love you. There's more between us than lust. I'll prove that to you." Roman murmured in a low voice.

I placed my slightly trembling hand against his cheek. My fingertips lightly stroked his skin. At that moment, I wanted nothing more than to let myself fall. I wanted to feel him. I needed to know if it still felt right.

My other hand went to the back of his neck and pulled him to me. Our lips met again in a slow, sensual dance that I hoped would never end.