18 Movie night

Lily POV

With a deep sigh, I looked in the mirror. That had been an exhausting weekend, but I was glad that the children seemed to get along well. However, 2 days were really not enough time to tell if it would stay that way.

And then there were Joelle's words that I thought about. Even if it was not really important. I understood where she was coming from when she asked me not to marry her dad. After all, it was way too fresh with us to even consider such a thing. Besides, she didn't know me and Maya for long.

In addition, it was of course none of her business. Nevertheless I could not prevent that my thoughts turned again and again around the 'what if'. I didn't like to admit it, but obviously she had hit a nerve. 

"Wow, you look beautiful." said Roman softly as he came into the bathroom behind me and wrapped his long arms around me.

"Thank you. You look gorgeous too, of course. Just like always." I replied softly as I first looked at him in the mirror and then turned my head to the side to kiss him.

And just like that all thoughts, or at least the negative ones, were gone. At that moment I didn't care what his daughter thought of me or if she didn't trust me.

"Are you ready? Mom should be here soon to take care of Miss Maya." said Roman after a few moments of silence as we just enjoyed the quiet.

Maya was already asleep. After all, she had an exciting time behind her. And I could already tell that she liked her siblings very much. Especially Jojo. She had taken her into her heart and would have liked to follow her everywhere.

Since it was our last evening here and the kids were back with their mom, Roman insisted on going on a date with me. Not that I had anything against it. Quite the opposite. Still, it made me a little nervous to leave Maya alone. I hadn't done that very often. At least not in the evening. But I knew that if she was in good hands with someone, it was with Roman's mom. She was an experienced mother and grandmother.

"I am. Still not telling me what we're doing?" I replied as I turned to face him.

"Hmmm.... No... I don't think so." he said after briefly pretending to actually think about it.

-----------

"Why do you have blankets and pillows in the back seat?" I asked as he led me to the car a half hour later and we headed out.

"Oh that's all part of the date. Don't worry about it." He smirked as he took my hand in his.

Knowing very well that there was no point in questioning him, I let it go. Besides, it wouldn't take long until we arrived at our destination.

"Roman... What a great idea!" I praised when I saw him pull into the parking lot of a drive-in movie theater.

"I was hoping you'd say that. I also have some food and beverages in the trunk. We'll snuggle up in the back seat and enjoy a movie. Actually, two to be exact. It's classic movie night. The Wizard of Oz and Grease." he explained to me.

When the car was in the right place and the sound was working, we went to the back seat and cuddled up together. Before the first movie even started I knew it was going to be a nice evening.

"Can I ask you something?" Roman suddenly wanted to know.

"Sure." I replied.

"Have you thought about my suggestion?" he asked.

"Of course. Very much so... And I think I would very much like to move in to your place with Maya..." I began.

"But? I feel a but coming..." he said before I could speak further.

"But I think it's still a bit too early to make such a decision. It's only been 2 months and the kids have only spent one weekend together. Besides, I'd have to figure out the work thing first. Like, can I stay at my paper and work for them from Florida or do I need to get a new job again. I mean, I work from home a lot, but still, they may not want that.

And then there is that I would like you to meet my parents. They have supported me in everything. Not once did they criticize me when I told them everything about us. They are an important part of my life. And also of Maya's. She loves her Grammy and her Pop Pop. That's why it's important to me that you guys get along. Because now you are also an important part of our lives.

I assure you that you don't have to worry about them. Even if my mom gives you a slap on the back of the head. She means it lovingly," I explained to him.

"I understand all that very well. I just wanted to make sure that you thought about everything carefully. Just like I did and just like it looks like you did. And as for your parents... I'd like to meet them. Even if it will make me nervous as hell." He replied as he held me in his arms and gave me a kiss on my hair.

"We're going to visit them next month. Any chance you could come with us?" i wanted to know.

"I think I can make that work. Where do your parents live?" he replied.

"Hawaii. They moved there because the climate is more consistent. Mom really had health problems in the cold of winter in Illinois. Now she's doing so much better." I replied.

"Then we'll go to Hawaii. A little time in paradise with you can't hurt," Roman then said.