29 Together

Lily POV

How many times can a person's life change in about 5 years? As it turned out... quite often.

And I never thought it possible to be here today. On my... Our wedding day. It was like a dream I didn't even know I had was coming true.

I looked out the window of the bungalow where I was getting ready and saw the last rain clouds disappearing just in time. The sun shone through the clouds as it pushed them away with all its might. And to live up to its name, a beautiful rainbow appeared over Rainbow Springs State Park.

With a smile, I put on my earrings at the exact moment he knocked almost shyly on the door. I quickly took one last look in the mirror before answering.

"Come in!" I called.

Without hesitation, the door opened and Roman cautiously poked his head into the room. When he saw me the smile I loved so much spread on his face. He stepped closer and then placed a hand dramatically over his heart as his eyes took in the sight of me from top to bottom.

"Oh my god... Baby girl, you are such a beautiful bride. And I'm a lucky man that in a few minutes I'll be able to officially call you mine." he said softly as he stood in front of me and gently took my hands in his.

"Thank you, my love. I can assure you that I am the happiest woman in the world. And I wouldn't mind staying here and enjoying your godlike sight and telling you how much I love you, but we are expected." I replied.

"I know.... Besides, I bet you don't want me to make you cry just yet, do you?" he asked with a wink.

"That's right. And I bet I'll make you cry too." I laughed.

Roman looked at me for a few more seconds before pressing a feather-light kiss to my forehead. I sighed contentedly.

Then we set off on our way. Together we walked along the winding boardwalks until we arrived at one of the waterfalls. Our parents and the children were already waiting for us. They all smiled at us. I knew that Maya would have loved to run into Roman's arms, but Mom held her hand. Our little one had to be a little more patient today.

Then it was time. The wedding officiant greeted us and began the ceremony. His words along with the splashing of the water and the chirping of the birds were the perfect mix and something I would definitely not forget.

"Roman, would you like to tell Lilian what she means to you?" he asked Roman.

"Lily, I know we didn't exactly have what you would call an easy start. But that doesn't change the fact that you are what I love. You are my light and have shown me a love I never thought possible. I feel overwhelmingly blessed and proud to stand before you today. And I will be proud to be the man by your side as we go through life together.

Thank you for the way you love me. Thank you for loving me the way I am and accepting me and my children unconditionally. I swear to you that I will continue to spend all the days of my life filling our days with joy and laughter. I want to celebrate all the little things in life and all our accomplishments and be there to remind you of your beauty and strength. You are my partner, my confidant, my other half, and I will love you for the rest of my life. I love you. I love you today, I love you tomorrow. I love you forever," said Roman.

Of course, at this point it was useless to continue to fight the tears. That's why I just let them run down my cheeks. Thank heaven for waterproof makeup.

"Roman, I love you. More and more every day.  Of all the people you've met and places you've visited, you ended up here...  with me. That's a very strong and at the same time awe inspiring fact. We faced obstacles, some harder than others, that helped us build the strong foundation of our relationship. That showed me your unshakeable love, constant support and strength.

Before you came, I never really believed in the "one true love. Now I know we have a much deeper soul connection. In you I have found a life partner, a lover, a friend, a safe place, someone I can show my ugliest and most vulnerable sides to. In you I have found someone who supports me, who inspires me, who respects and honors me. The same is true for the children. For Joelle, Kingsley, Waylon and Maya. And for those who may be yet to come. Thank you for never making me feel like too much, and for looking at me with loving eyes. And most of all, thank you for being a devoted family man." I said as I looked at him.

It was a wonderful feeling to say those words and it was even more wonderful to hear such meaningful words from him.

Back then I had not expected it. I was convinced that we had no chance. But obviously the universe had other plans for us. Maya was the best proof of that. Through our daughter we had rediscovered our way to each other. And from now on we went the way through life as a married couple.

As I looked into Roman's eyes, I realized that the fear and guilt I had constantly felt before was no longer there. And I had only Roman and his unwavering faith to thank for that.

The wedding officiant declared us husband and wife. My husband took my face in his hands and kissed me for the first time as his wife. Our family cheered and clapped. And Miss Maya took the chance and clung to her daddy's leg.

Ro lifted her up, amidst our loud laughter, so that she could hug us tightly. She looked so proud. Almost as if she knew how big a part she had played in us arriving right here.