Chapter 11: The Blue Rose

Just two more days before the most awaited masquerade ball of the Blaze Academy will be held. Most of the students are busy preparing with the decorations while some are looking for their partners to attend with.

Meanwhile at the academy's rooftop, Hiroshi and Hina are happily eating their lunch while listening to their paranoid friend, who is ranting to them about the upcoming ball.

"You're so noisy redhead, will you just eat your lunch in peace?" Hiroshi annoyingly said

"You don't understand Hiro" Rensuji replied, "The ball is in two days... TWO FREAKIN' DAYS and I haven't bought my clothes nor mask yet-"

He pause on his words when he heard a giggle, he looks at Hina and ask, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, it's just that you should have said that you haven't bought anything yet then we could have invited you last weekend to join us"

"WHAT?!" He gasp, "You two went out last weekend and none of you didn't even bother telling me?"

Both his friends look away and just ate their lunch as if he said nothing, he looks at Hiroshi and points at him accusingly,

"YOU! I invited you to play soccer that day but you said you couldn't go because something came up and it was this? You're going to a date with Hina? Unbelievable!"

"Hey! It was not a date!!" Hina protest while suppressing the heat creeping out of her cheeks

"Date or not, I still can't believe you two didn't invite me. How could you?!"

"You obviously have something to do so I didn't want to bother you" Hiroshi mutters and shrugs

"Hey?! What kind of reason is that?"

Instead of a reply, his teal haired friend just takes his lunchbox and goes towards the door to avoid his inevitable wrath.

"Hey?! I'm not done with you yet" he also takes his things and follows him, "Come back here"

Hiroshi only sticks his tongue out in response and slams the door shut,

"Hiroshi, you!!"

They both left, completely forgetting their other friend due to their so called bickering yet again. Hina sigh and shakes her head,

"Sometimes I would not expect if I am the only sane person in our group"

She gets up from her seat, taking her things with her and left the rooftop. Little do the group know, a shadow lurks in the corner, who in turn grins and left the scene without a single trace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In today's lesson for natural philosophy, we will learn more about alchemy, can anyone tell me, what comes into your mind when you hear the word alchemy?" class 3-A philosophy teacher ask

It was the last period of the day and each person in the class present, all wants the same thing; the sound of the bell.

"Isn't magic just a typical fantasy thingy sir?" Rensuji proudly stated as he stands up from his seat

"There's more to it than fantasy, Mr. Kin"

"Right sorry"

He sits back down as he scratches the back of his head when the whole class laugh at his statement.

"Way to go redhead" Hiroshi mutters

"Shut up idiot"

He ignores his friend's chuckle as he redirect his focus back to their professor.