PROLOGUE

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ac3c5882c0e3c6e6d009fae344f54579/tenor.gif.

REALITY

...REALITY...THIRD PERSON POV...

"Hey, Adie, I'm back!" The call escaped the lips of Madison Brooke, her chipper mood carrying her forward as she dropped her keys on the side after locking their front door. "Visiting hours ended early, some emergency from further down the ward, so I was able to get an earlier bus." She kicked off her pumps by the door, shrugging out of her jacket and finally entering further into their joint apartment. "Adie?" The silence promised her friend had gone to bed very early, the blonde shrugging in her turn to grab some food before she sent herself to bed. She froze with the sight of her best friend collapsed on their kitchen floor, blood leaking from a cut on her forehead-- "Adie!" Madison rushed to her side, hand reaching out to push her onto her back, the grip flinching away when it found Adelina's skin cold to the touch. "Adie..." Eyes watered as two fingers checked the neck for a pulse.

Nothing.

Madison's breathing began working at an erratic pace as she called for her friend, shaking hands struggling to pull out her phone and call for the police, an ambulance--anyone who could help!

Madison was shaking, devastated while her friend was carried out on a stretcher. A man in uniform attempted to talk to her, paramedics encouraged her to leave the scene, she did nothing. Curled up against her kitchen cabinets she knew she'd have to answer questions, have to contact the mother of the girl being carried through the doorway. The tears built up all over again, the blur they placed across her eyes forcing her to not notice the silver locket with a red ruby centered on its heart shape which had slid beneath the fridge after the fall;

https://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2014/11/02/54567ce1792074213d03e940/m_54567ce4792074213d03e94a.jpg.

jpg

'A.S' was engraved on its back in warning of the necklace's magic properties and previous owner: Adelina Salvatore...

But if it's still here, what does that mean for Madison?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAAicTTH_9E... (Daydream/Wetdream/Nightmare By SAINT MOTEL)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Thanks for reading x