9: Routine...

https://data.whicdn.com/images/316761453/original.gif.

SIX MONTHS LATER

SIX MONTHS LATER

My fists ached when I continued to pound at the punching back, the oxygen I inhaled allowing me to revel in the pain I felt. I continue to focus; my energy, rage, and sadness combining as I kick the hanging lump of material. My concentration snapping the punching bag from its chain and slamming it against the garage wall with a heavy thump. I panted heavy breaths, undoing my gloves and aiming for the bottle of water glistening in the sunlight. The garage door was open, and even though I couldn't leave, it was a peaceful experience just staring out at the flourishing woodland; the wildlife and distant trail of a river being my only company...

"Kol wants you to join him for breakfast," I sighed, my peace snatched away.

"Tell him I'm busy," I refused to glance at my other housemate, holding a hand up to pull the punching bag towards me so I could re-chain it.

"You either go to him now or he'll take away your home gym, and we both know how much haggling it took you for him to install this thing," I scoffed at her threat, glancing around at this 'grand' installment to find a running machine, a blue fighting mat, some weights I'd already surpassed and my punching bag.

"Why don't you just take my place? It's obvious you'd prefer the company," I muttered lightly, draining more of my bottle before facing her.

A cruel smirk took control of her lips, "Because he finds more enjoyment eating with his pet above his equal," I clenched my jaw at her jab, struggling to stow my anger.

'I'm not ready yet...'

I refused a response, barging past her until Kol came into view at the head of the dining table, my place thankfully set at the opposite end--gone are the days he tried to force me to eat next to him. "Glad to see you could finally join me," was his sarcastic welcome.

"Glad to see you're still using petty threats to maintain my company," I snarked in return, swapping out my bottle for a fresh glass of water before I dug into my chia seed toast and bowl of fruit.

"More like maintaining your cooperation," he defended, a glare earned from myself as I bit harshly into a strawberry.

During my stay in the cabin in the middle of butt-fuck-nowhere I've had the odd gift of Kol dissappearing for days to weeks on end, opportunities I've grabbed with both hands to get to know my prison. I'm never left alone, though; the witch bitch named Elenor never strayed too far. That's made attempts of snooping around corners I'm not permitted extremely difficult, but I've been able to manage--only having been caught twice in my escapades. Discoveries that resulted in a lovely state of 24-hour-torture; no food, no comfort, and Elenor allowed free reign in tormenting and hurting me as long as I'm not killed...Kol's probed slightly more on the future threats of this world, but he's more interested in keeping the knowledge of me held up like a trophy.