14: Hidden Talents

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/68/4d/37/684d372712a40a68dc3848f8c47d9d10.gif.

A MONTH LATER

A MONTH LATER

Time felt as though it was moving at a rapid pace. it almost felt like I had blinked and Kol and I were already nearing the end of our isolated period from friends and family, and the strangest part about it? I was having a really good time...

Ever since his surprise dinner we have yet to skip a meal with the other, each sit down consisting of conversations that can last hours. I've learned so much of his life before and after immortality was thrust upon him, the man opening up about his human weakness of following Rebekah to the stream with the other village girls just so he could listen to them humming soft tunes as clothes were cleaned, as well as the thrills he felt from hunting down his prey.

He's sworn he hasn't killed since Adie pulled him back to the land of the living, his eyes pleading the truth behind his statements as he claimed the frustration and rage behind certain family members portrayal of him as a psychotic maniac encouraged him to fill that mold--Klaus' threats of a dagger in his heart if he did not obey the rules the Hybrid himself ignored sealing up any emotion he wanted to feel. His sadistic torment of humanity seems to stem from his incapability to keep anyone in his life, 'everyone wanted to hurt him so why shouldn't he do the same to them?' --Was his argument.

Rather than horrifying me, I just wanted to know more. More about his humanity, more about his ruthless thought process, more about the change he's made to be better and simply more about what makes him tick...

Describing the darkest parts of himself seemed to be the easy bit, the rays of light that shone through his bloodshed being the more difficult to pull out and my attempts were unsuccessful until about fifteen days in. His eyes lit up when explaining his involvement with witches over the centuries he was lucky not to be hidden in a coffin, his admiration for each form of magic shining through his words when he reminisced. I was even complimented. My ability of telekinesis marveled by Kol, the man linking it to witches he'd met with shortly before the voyage to New Orleans required a dagger in his heart; The spirits selected a particular girl in their coven every generation to carry forward object moving powers of the mind. And while said girl held a mighty power, there was a vulnerability in her gift that left her open to dark suggestions and attracted her to more dangerous creatures.

The warning of an alternate Bonnie Bennett ran through my mind with his reveal, and yet it fascinated me to know I wasn't some freak--to know I wasn't the oddball out in a world of supernaturals...

In reciprocation of him sharing the literal good, bad and ugly throughout his life, I offered my own divulgences in return; the good, the bad and the ugly that shaped me into the woman I am today from both my world and a universe not as similar as I thought it would be to his. He's begun aiding in my training, understanding fully now why I desperately want to remain at my peak, and it doesn't hurt to have an opponent that'll fight back. Yet simultaneously he's hooked me into remodeling his bedroom, he wants it to represent all his comforts for his return when he inevitably begins traveling--the threat of a dagger no more and his Tribrid niece grown up, he wants to start living; admitting to me that the destruction his past caused was the best distraction he could easily return to so he didn't have to dwell on the running, and the mistrust, and the daggering.