12: Her Next Adventure

https://66.media.tumblr.com/936dc3bb966aba49ca259467de7d198b/tumblr_pcoqm9xckQ1vv8queo6_500.gif.

ALTERNATE TVDU

...ALTERNATE TVDU...FIFTEEN YEARS LATER...

I barely managed to catch myself from falling flat on my face, that same dizzy nausea filling my gut with the panic of not following Bonnie's directions correctly. Yet as fear began building, I noticed the uneven terrain below my boots. Grass. I wasn't in Elena's house, I hope that's a good sign, and then a voice reached my ears, "It can't be..."

My throat constricted, eyes instantly shooting up to find her--terrified it wasn't real before I was welcomed with a similar gaze of hopelessness. "Adie..." I couldn't stop my eyes from watering and a wobbly smile from spreading.

She stumbled a few steps forward, "Madi?" I finally reached forward, hands gripping her forearms in expectation of falling through the illusion.

They became firmly planted, an excitement jolting through me and forcing her body against mine in a hug, "I-it worked! I'm here--Bonnie was right!"

"Whoa, wait--what?" I was reluctant in allowing her to pull away, half of me expecting her to evaporate at my fingertips. "What does Bonnie have to do with this...?" Her words died when her eyes found a familiar necklace positioned between my collar bones, "How do you have that?"

"I--" I refused to allow myself to speak further, my awareness finally drowning out the fog of joy when I noted we were surrounded-- "You..." My eyes caught sight of a particular Original, venom entering my tone.

"I'm sorry, darling?" He frowned in response, rage clouding my thoughts as I pushed Adie aside and reached into my jacket--producing the white oak stake and charging for my target.

"Phasmatos!" Was the last panicked yelp I heard before everything around me went black.

KOL POV

https://i.gifer.com/EOUx.gif.

gif