8: Kidnapped! Again? SERIOUSLY?!

https://66.media.tumblr.com/103b439c04081a9929e4711a9b55a3b5/tumblr_nw4b5trDks1tx5riio7_250.gif.

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER

The world around me was spinning, my lids feeling too heavy to open as I felt myself moving--the headache splitting my brain only encouraged to grow. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, an attempt to move my arms failing when I realized they were tied to my sides. I finally managed to force open my eyes, the blindness of daylight instantly closing them again. I sucked in a sharp breath while my head continued to sway from side to side, a groan passing my lips when I tried a second time to open them. My attempt was successful, the blur being removed to reveal the sharp pain was a shoulder digging into my gut. Only now did I realize I was being carried, the passing gravel and surrounding grass allowing me to deduce we were on some form of path.

I forced myself to remain completely still, imitating I was still knocked out. Yet I knew the ruse was pointless, feeling my heartbeat spike when I realized my predicament, I already knew Kol knew I was awake. His voice only confirmed my theory, "Glad to see you're finally awake, I was getting awfully lonely on our little road trip."

"Where have you taken me, Kol?" I tried to maintain a level voice even though I'm closer to his ass than his face.

"Patience, Darling." We stopped suddenly, my stomach jolting in reaction to the increased pressure. I noticed wooden boards beneath us, clicking and bolts sounding only affirming my assumption that we were entering a building. The movement started again, the door kicked shut behind us before I was dropped onto a leather couch-- "Ah, home sweet home," was my official welcome.

I took the opportunity to take in my surroundings. The high ceiling of what seemed to be a cabin led to an indoor balcony, a row of doors suggesting multiple bedrooms or bathrooms. The living room I was currently seated in was spacious, the furniture facing a grand marble fireplace surrounded a glass coffee table atop a white fur rug. It was beautiful, homey, rustic--not at all what I expected to be Kol's style... "Can you untie me?"

"Not yet, Darling," he made his way toward a small cabinet, a bottle produced so he could pour himself a drink.

I took a deep breath, deciding to probe further, "Why?"

"It's my insurance so you don't use your little mind tricks on me to try and escape," I narrowed my eyes at being caught out.

"I wouldn't try and run," I lied. "I don't even know where we are, I don't know where I'd go."

He shrugged with a smirk, "Better safe than sorry," his glass was drained in an instant.

I struggled to stand, "Is this to be my new home as your hostage?"

He whistled in appreciation, "Being captive has made you brave," he noted my calming heart finally becoming bored of his presence.

"I've been kidnapped enough times at this point to understand a routine," I held back my flinch when he appeared in front of me.