15: Rooftop Escapade

A WEEK LATER

KOL POV

https://data.whicdn.com/images/260481371/original.gif.

I feel like I'm running out of time

Five weeks out of over one thousand years had altered my mind to view things even more human than ever before. I thought Adelina's influence over my family and myself was the most drastic impact I could ever experience, her inclusion into my life not only eradicating my victims on the basis of bloodlust but also connecting me to my family so we are now closer than I had ever experienced when we were humans. I thought that would be it for me, I would go the rest of my days happy and content with staying here to help raise my niece, sleeping with whoever I pleased and not feeling the need to rip the throats out of everyone I came across.

But then there's her...

Madison has built this connection with me accidentally to the point where I can't imagine life without her. My initial intrigue in the girl from a universe where my past words and actions were apparently scripted for tv ratings and character drama pushed me to spend time with her, getting to know her morphing my feelings into this anomaly of an emotion I can't remember feeling before for another person--especially a human--since I was human. I always imagined what it would feel like to move past lust with a person, having watched Elijah and Finn and Rebekah be united with their soulmate though never filling me with jealousy, did encourage a sense of longing within me. I always thought love was pointless--caring was pointless...And while Adelina encouraged me to see past that fear, it's Madison that's truly enabled me to feel it...

I wake up wondering what adventure we'll set out to accomplish, and I go to sleep thinking of nothing but her; her laugh, her smile, her courageous spirit and the life that lights her eyes whenever she speaks of both the good and bad in her past as well as the hope she holds for her future. I've shared tales with her that I never expected to tell another soul, my siblings not even aware of half the secrets she now holds in threat against me--and yet I'm not anxious over her knowing what she knows. I trust her...These past five weeks have felt like years, each other rarely not at the other's side in that time only encouraging the speed in which my attachment to the blonde grew.

I love her, and yet soon all of this will be over.

Two more days, two more days before the family returns and I don't know where we'll stand. We're friends, we're close--we care about each other, that much I know is true. But while I know I'm experiencing the intensity of love, I'm clueless as to whether her obvious lust encouraged by my teasing comments and heavy flirting will ever transform into what I want it to be. For once in a long time, I'm scared. Scared of losing one of the best things in my life because I moved too fast, because I still resemble the monster that tortured her, because maybe she thinks I'll always be that monster no matter how much she wants to befriend me--