6: Numb The Pain

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c0/8b/b6/c08bb6abbaa25071fa459442941daa3d.gif.

My body felt numb

My body felt numb.

Wisps of wind pierced my skin as they entered through the swaying door. Any attempts I may have wished to try and stop them broke down when I slumped further into my space on the ground, simply waiting for someone to show up and drag me away from my spiraling thoughts...

"--Madison? What the hell are you doing down there, why is the door open?" The voice sounded concerned, a new emotion I didn't expect from the boy.

I sighed while my skin erupted into goosebumps, "What do you want, Jeremy? Can't you see I'm busy(?)"

"Most definitely(!)" A chuckle sounded from above, "What's wrong? Why are you on the floor?"

"Why do you care?" I finally managed to glare up at him, "Last time we were face to face you couldn't stop calling me a liar," His eyes rolled at my attitude-- "Why are you here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be avoiding Elena in case you kill her?"

"I sorted that out a while ago," he shrugged the subject off.

"Wow(!) You actually trust yourself, that's admirable..." I huffed out a breath before standing, "I knocked her out after she bit me, you'll have to wait a while if you're hoping for a heart to heart," his mere nod had me freezing, my brow scrunching up when I had the chance to assess his stance-- "Aren't you surprised I knocked out a vampire? Why aren't you preparing to take down a threat?"

"Bonnie's been keeping me in the loop on your abilities," he shrugged.

"Great(!) Now everyone knows I'm a freak show," with a harsh exhale of breath I turned to leave him, making my way to a room I'd been forced to call home until someone who might actually be useful shows up.

"Where are you going?" My movements halted with a skid, a glance back paired with a small frown being my only reply to Jeremy's words-- "Hellooo?"

"What?" He motioned to my position, "I'm going upstairs because you don't like me, and I'm too drained to deal with that."

He scoffed, "You think I came over here to talk some sense into my emotionless sister?"

"Yesss?" Why would I think otherwise?

"Wrong," he tutted lightly, "I heard you've been miserable, I know I can take you and I have nothing better to do."

I don't even know how my frown deepened, "Soooo?"

"Soooo..."

"Listen, bucko, you're gonna have to spell this out for me" I grew tired of his games and just wanted a reason to escape him quicker, "I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to your weird personality."

"Does this spell it out for you?" A rolled up piece of magic was presented to me. A gentle smile tugging at my lips. Finally, an escape I know is effective...