5: Breaking Down

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/dove-cameron-gif-5.gif.

"So it's been like this all week?"

"I guess," I shrugged. "I mean, sometimes when I wanted my drink and it was just a little too far it would end up in my hand, or when Stefan pissed me off I'd glare at him and he'd normally trip and hurt himself; it's the reason I keep calling him a clutz--but I never thought it had anything to do with me."

Care frowned while offering me a glass of water, "When did it start?"

"The day after I appeared, just before you guys kidnapped me," I couldn't stop my eyes from narrowing. "I was in the grill restroom--overthinking--and the next thing I know the mirror smashes."

"Matt said something about that," Care brought to light, "But he just assumed you'd punched it."

"Understandable, it's not everybody's first thought to jump to telekinesis(!)" I drained my glass with the mutter.

"Does this mean it's getting stronger?"

"I don't know what you mean," my brows scrunched up with Caroline's detailing.

"I mean, going on what you've told us, each time your emotions spike you suddenly gain the ability to smash objects and throw people through windows--"

"And you also seem to have absolutely no control over it," Bonnie finished.

"Gee--thanks for the vote of confidence guys(!)" I huffed.

"You know what we mean," the blonde rolled her eyes.

"Still..." I took a small breath, "So, what does all this mean for me?"

"I don't understand?" Bonnie pressed.

"Well, if this--...--thing! Just keeps getting stronger, what will happen to me if I can't control it?"

"You'll learn to control it," Bonnie assured.

"And if I don't?"

"You will," she tried to turn from me.

"Humor me," I demanded while standing with them.

A sigh escaped her as she continued to face away from me... "The spirits believe you'll become incredibly susceptible to dark suggestions."

"Which meeeeaaansss?"

"Evil spirits trapped on the other side will try to use you as a beacon and power themselves through you, killing the existing Madison completely."

My automatic response was to scoff out a shocked laugh, "Seriously?" She remained silent, "Great, because that's all I need right now(!) Wow(!)" I turned swiftly, storming towards the stairs and hoping to barricade myself in the room I'd become the most accustomed to during my stay here--