7: Hope...

https://data.whicdn.com/images/291205738/original.gif.

A COUPLE OF WEEKS LATER

4 weeks. 1 month. Too many days. I hate that I've developed a routine. Then again, I guess I didn't have a choice but to when I was forced into the world of 'The Vampire Diaries'.

Two weeks past all the emotionless bull and I'm still here. I've been trapped behind the walls of the boarding house and kept in the dark about whether I'll ever get out. After aiding in switching Elena's humanity switch back on, she and Damon have been disgustingly in love, the brunette never holding back on thanking me for helping her and apologizing for trying to kill me once or twice. Stefan moved in with Caroline after everyone realized the sire bond was no more and that his ex-girlfriend really was in love with his brother--I think that's why hero hair doesn't like me the most. Because thanks to me showing up, his theory in a human Elena still being his Elena will never be put to the test...

"You're getting distracted again," I aggressively blew away a stray piece of hair with the voice's taunting tone.

"Don't start, Damon," I grumbled under my breath. But of course, he heard me.

"There's an original vampire on your ass, just 'cause he's held back on us since we stopped trying to find the cure doesn't mean you're any safer--"

"Don't you think I already know that!" The glass he held smashed with my voices raised volume. I flinched, "Sorry."

"You've gotten better," he wiped away the stray shards, "More focused, but it's still not enough. You need to be able to control it if you want to survive Kol."

"Why do you even care, Damon?"

He was silent for so long, I didn't expect him to answer me... "You remind me of a girl I knew when I was human," I frowned at the reply. "She was one of our maids' daughters, and she had this..." he struggled to find the words, "--Life in her that gave me life between obeying Father's orders and looking after Stefan. I guess you could say she was my best friend..."

"...What happened to her?" I built up the courage to probe.

"Father found out and said she was a distraction. Her mother was out of a job by the end of the week, and I never saw her again..."

"I'm sorry..." He finally met my eyes, "Your Dad did seem like a prick from what I saw," and then he laughed, loud and willing before picking up another glass.

"Again." And I did, because stupidly I've allowed myself to become attached to Damon Salvatore and the rest of this world's silly little cast. Besides, it's not all bad, they are helping me survive after all.

THE NEXT DAY

"What are you guys even doing?" I tried to muster up my annoyance and push back the humor I felt as one pair of hands covered my eyes and another guided me towards an unknown destination.