4: Supernatural Freak

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AccurateDecentAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif.

I wrung my hands while reconsidering our plan, "Ok, maybe I'm not so sure about this

I wrung my hands while reconsidering our plan, "Ok, maybe I'm not so sure about this..."

"There's nothing to worry about, Madison. I trust you," Elena assured.

"How is that gonna help the situation(?)" I scoffed, "Maybe Stefan was right, maybe we should just leave it--"

"Don't chicken out on me now, Madison," Elena's stare was intense. "I trust you to do this, and I trust myself not to do anything horrible with it switched off. I can do this, I promise."

I grumbled with her puppy dog eyes, pissed at how effective they actually were-- "Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you."

"Sure," she nodded with a chuckle, "Now, rip away, make me want to turn it off."

I frowned, "How?"

"I don't know--um, what are your real opinions about me?"

I rolled my eyes at the question, my response automatically bursting past my lips-- "I think your an indecisive 18-year-old girl who has a lot of challenges forced her way, and no matter what she goes through or who she loses she expects herself to be immune to it and move on--"

"That's nice, and not what I need right now," she sighed, massaging her scalp in thought... "--Wait, didn't you say your friend hated me?"

"Well, I wouldn't say hated--"

"You told me I was one of her most hated characters before she--" she cut herself off from finishing.

"Well, I guess you weren't exactly favored in her opinion before she died," I clenched my fists.

"Then use her opinions."

I shook my head at the offering, "I don't really think that's best, Elen--"

"What were your friends' opinions on my character, Madi?" My eye gave a slight twitch with the question, anger flooding my veins as I was forced to experience the memories.

"She hated you," I spat. "She blamed everyone's constant need to keep your pathetic little life safe as the reason for so many people you cared about dying." The doppelganger held a slight shock over my words' venom, "She wholeheartedly believed you were a monster who needed to be put down, vampire and human--she didn't care. It was because everyone decided you needed the cure that Jeremy died, it's thanks to you being the doppelganger that the Salvatores showed up--and how many times because of you have their lives almost ended(?) Because Damon was here, Alaric followed trying to avenge your mother--another character that Klaus killed because they were associated with you--But the most heartbreaking one was Jenna, wasn't it(?)--"