11: Her Last Day

https://66.media.tumblr.com/dea71bcb98aadbcee0680dc48f022604/tumblr_inline_pha94okN4y1t8himi_1280.gif.

A FEW DAYS LATER

A FEW DAYS LATER

I was revising my notes, just making sure all the information was correct, concise and clear before I handed the leather-bound book over to the scooby gang at a later date. In the last few days Bonnie has been trying her hardest to find a spell that could send me to a more preferable plain of this reality, my failing faith propped up by the rules of a prison world and my mind convincing me this is just my version of that. Maybe that's why I showed up with the necklace, I was meant to go find Adie or Angel and help them with something.

'That or this is just all one big fuck up that you're clinging too tightly to.'

I shook my head of the miserable thoughts, switching the song I was listening to and setting the journal aside. I stared up at my bedroom ceiling with a blank expression, trying to envision how Adie or Angel would have impacted this world if they'd appeared here-- My daydreaming quickly cut short when my left headphone was plucked from my ear by a raven-haired pest.

I twisted around, sitting up and removing the final connection to my music, raising a questioning brow at the disturbance, "Yes?"

"Grab your jacket, we're going to The Grill," a raise of my hand closed the door before he could leave.

"Don't I get a say?" I probed when he turned back to face me.

He released a heavy sigh, "You spent several weeks complaining and trying to persuade Bonnie to take down the barrier on this house--Then you spent six months scheming to create a master plan that would allow you to escape Kol's elaborate cage system. You're free now, yet all you've done is sulk around this house--" He held a judging finger up, halting my attempted interruption. "Exercising on the front lawn doesn't count."

"I know where I am here," I defended weakly. His arms folded across his chest, eyes daring me to continue with further lies, a sigh struggled in my lungs. "Fine. I guess--... every time I leave my shelter something bad happens, and I haven't got the energy right now for anything else to go wrong..."

"Nothing bad's gonna happen. We're just gonna go to The Grill, grab a bite to eat, maybe play some pool. Just an ordinary day for two ordinary humans..." I scoffed at his smirk.

"Aww, you care about me," a smile took over with my teasing.

His eyes narrowed in a playful manner, "Tell anyone and I'll make sure something bad happens."

"Aww, look at whittle Damon acting like the tough guy--" I narrowly avoided the jacket pelted toward my face.

"You've got five minutes to be in the passenger seat of my car before I'm leaving!" His figure vanished behind the corner, laughter freely spilling from my lips as I decided to stop being a nuisance and started getting ready, slipping my journal back into my duffle bag before hurrying after the immortal.