Chapter 15

*Unedited*

NOTE- I haven't proof read this chapter!

____________________________

"What did you say?" William seethed.

"He took her to his apartment, boss," came the reply.

"I underestimated this son of a bitch. Big time." He said angrily. "What are they doing now?" If he was touching her, he swore he would personally stuff Ethan's body with bullets.

"They seem to be talking. He's showing her something on his phone."

William grunted in response. "As long as he is not touching her." Then a moment later he said, "keep me informed," before hanging up.

It was time to pay Dana a visit to show her in whose arms she belonged.

~~~

"Thanks for the ride." Dana kissed his cheek before opening her door.

"Let me know if you need anything."

"Will do. Stop worrying, Ethan." She scolded.

"I'm not worrying," he defended himself.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes, of course not. I'll see you later."

"How much later?" He asked with mock seriousness.

"Is it absolutely necessary to annoy me?"

"Kinda, yes. You're my only source of amusement, baby." He placed a hand over his heart in a dramatic way.

She shook her head. "I'm leaving. Laters!" She got off the car and shut the door behind her.

As she was walking away, Ethan rolled down the windows and yelled, "Goodbye, my love!"

"Get going, my love!" She turned around and yelled back while sticking her tongue out.

Ethan laughed and turned away from the window. "Let's go, Anders," he said to his driver.

"Yes, sir." Anders replied politely. "Ms. Johnson seems like a nice lady, Mr. Salvay."

"She is," Ethan replied. "How many times have I told you? Call me by my name. You don't need to call me 'Mr. Salvay'"

"I prefer to, sir." Anders met Ethan's eyes briefly through the rare view mirror.

"Whatever you're comfortable with. How are your kids doing?" Ethan asked.

"They're doing well. My eldest daughter graduated high school a few days ago."

"Ah. Congratulations, Anders. Wish her all the best for her future."

"Thank you, Mr. Salvay."

A few minutes later, Ethan reached his workplace and busied himself with meetings and paperwork.

~~~

"Hey, Miriam," Dana greeted, sitting on her desk.

"Dana! How's it going, girl?" Miriam chirped.

"Excelente. Better than ever."

"Mhm, I can see that. Sorry to burst your bubble but, did you work on this yet?"

"What-" Dana started but when she saw the file Miriam dropped on her desk, she remembered an assignment that was due by the end of the week. "Aw damn. I thought this week is going to be a breeze."

"Not anymore," she teased, walking back to her cubical, which was right next to Dana's.

Dana busied herself in work until later in the afternoon