Chapter 16

Shout out to @Secret_fangirl101 ! Thanks for being awesome! :)

~~~

*Unedited*

Bianca's groan snapped Dana back to reality. She quickly tucked the envelope under her arm and turned around to face Bianca, who was still asleep.

She lifted her up and braced herself as Bianca leaned against her heavily.

"What..." she mumbled in a sleepy voice.

"I'll ask Luke to take you home." Dana replied quietly.

They walked outside the bathroom and back to where they had left Luke and Ethan.

As they were walking, Dana tried not to think about what must be inside the envelope. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to know at all.

Her brain was still recovering from encountering William after so long. She was still shaken up. William had asked her to meet him for dinner. She knew better than to ignore him. That wouldn't sit well with him.

"You guys took your own sweet time." Ethan teased when they were close enough.

However, Luke said nothing. He focused on Bianca and immediately took her in his arms. "What happened to her?" He questioned worriedly.

He had one of his arms around her as she leaned against him, the side of her face resting on his chest. He placed a hand on her head and bent a little to whisper something in her ear that no one else could hear over the music.

"All good?" Ethan asked, standing next to Dana.

She gave him a tight smile and hugged herself.

"Guys. I think we are done partying for today. Bianca needs to sleep." Luke said.

"Yes. I'm tired too." Dana said. Then she looked at Ethan. "Drop me home, please?"

He nodded. He didn't need it to be spelled out that something was bothering Dana. The sudden change in her mood was noticeable.

"I guess we are all leaving then? I'll be right back." Ethan went and cleared their tab for the night.

Once he was back, all four of them left the club. When they reached the parking lot, they said their goodbyes and got into their cars and left.

"Can I stay at your place again? "

"Seems like someone can't get enough of me," he teased

"I...don't feel like staying home alone tonight." She answered without any traces of humor in her voice or expressions.

"Of course." He answered seriously. "Andres," he called out to the driver, "we're going back to my apartment directly."

"Yes, sir." Andres replied back.

For the first time he noticed how she was fidgeting with the envelope in her hands.

"What's that?" He asked.

It took a moment for Dana to realize what he was talking about. She immediately wanted to hide it from his sight. Not because she didn't want him to know, but because she didn't think that she wanted to talk about it yet.

"Oh nothing." She avoided looking at him as she lied.

"Doesn't look like nothing by the way you are clutching it." When she didn't say anything, he stared at her for a second before snatching the envelope from her.

"Ethan!" She exclaimed in half surprise, half anger. "Give that back to me!" She extended her arm in a failed attempt to grab the envelope out of his hand.