The Truth

Thalia

We would be going to a war camp called Windhaven in a week, so I had time to prepare. Rhys and Feyre showed me the basics of being the second to the general, with Cassian's help of course. Technically, I would be the second in command to Rhys's militaries and would take over if Cassian had any trouble in battle or he was too busy. I liked the idea, but I still didn't know what my answer was going to be.

"How are you this fine evening," Feyre asked as she joined me in the sitting room where I was sharpening my dagger. I put my dagger away out of respect for the High Lady.

"I'm okay," I said, sighing.

"Would you like to join me in the library?" Feyre asked me.

"Library?" out of my two days of being here, I had never once come upon a library.

"Yes, there is a library run by priestesses who live under the house," Feyre explained.

"Oh," I chuckled. Of course, there was a library. "I would love to join you, Feyre."

"Good," Feyre gripped my hand as she led me to the library.

                                    --------------------

The library was huge. With rows and rows of bookshelves that led to the roof. It was set underneath the House which was built into the mountain. It was beautiful and had become my favorite place to be.

For two days I accompanied Feyre, sometimes Rhys, and her sister who I had come to know as Nesta, to the library. Nesta wasn't necessarily my favorite right now with the glare and sneers she would give me when I became too close to her. But I knew of her story that Feyre told me that she didn't like the Fae ever since she was thrown into the Cauldron by the king of Hybern. I haven't met the other sister yet, but Feyre told me she was going through it harder than Nesta was. So I avoided them both.

Right now, I was waiting in the sitting area as Feyre and Nesta had gone deeper into the library. They told me to stay here since they didn't want me to get lost, but I had my light to keep me company.

I was reading when they came back from the deeper part of the library covered in sweat and looked like they had seen a ghost. Azriel and Cassian were with them, both had blood on them. I stood, dropped the book, and ran over to them.

"What the hell happened?" I said, worried, looking both the males up and down for any signs that that was their blood.

"The king of Hybern had sent his Ravens to capture Nesta," Azriel said.

"I should have been there," I said, clenching my fists.

"No," Azriel said.

"What?" I sized up the spymaster.

He looked down at me, his face unreadable. "It was too dangerous."

I clicked my tongue. "You don't get to decide what's too dangerous for me or not."

"Thalia, it's fine," Feyre said.

"No, I should have been there to help you," I said.

"You don't have to worry about me," Feyre argued.

"No, but if you want me to be part of your Inner Circle, then you need to trust me when you and your family need to be protected," I said, she sighed and I knew she agreed.

Rhysand suddenly came out of the darkness, covered in blood. I covered my nose at the stench of the powerful magic rolling off him. It was too much.

"They are dead," He said, rage smothering his face.