The Kin-Slayer

(this chapter was really short, i decided to post twice in one day. hope you enjoy)

Azriel

Thalia had asked Cassian to take her mother to town so she wouldn't have to see as she tied him to a chair and stabbed daggers through his thighs. Azriel wanted to do this and not her because he knew what type of scars this would leave, but she needed this.

The male was already breaking.

"Why did you take me to Hybern?" Thalia was standing over the male as he sobbed pathetically.

"I–I thought the cauldron would kill you, not make you more powerful," the male sobbed as he writhed in his chair. Blood was dripping onto the floor from the daggers in his thighs.

Azriel was standing by the door, watching over his mate carefully in case she broke.

"Why did Amarantha give me to you?" Thalia asked, shifting her stance onto her left foot.

The male sobbed but didn't say anything. Azriel winced when Thalia punched her father in the nose. The male screamed as his nose broke.

"Stop, please!" The male said. "She gave me you because she didn't want the High Lord to rebel if he found out you were his daughter."

Thalia growled and grabbed the dagger in his right leg and twisted it. He screamed. "Why did you want to kill me?"

"You were too powerful and I knew you could kill me, I couldn't have a daughter who was more powerful than me."

Thalia glanced over her shoulder at Azriel and he nodded, pushing off the wall he was leaning on and approaching the male.

As Thalia left the room, Azriel would have the killing blow. 

Thalia was happy at the screams that echoed down the hallway.