The Heir

Thalia

Nothing really happened in the cauldron. Only that one voice that I heard.

Hello, Queen of Light

I didn't know what it meant, but I knew it meant something important. My light always said my Queen when they greeted me, and maybe that's what it was. But I was scared it meant something else.

What really scared me was that I wasn't my father's daughter. I was Amarantha's daughter. Whoever that was. Even though I had always thought I looked different than the people who raised me (there was no point in calling them my parents), I never thought I was someone else's daughter.

It scared me.

"She's awake," I heard someone say as I opened my eyes.

I groaned at the soreness of my back and shoulders, and tried to sit up. I was back in my room at the House of Wind. Everyone was here, even Amren and Nesta.

"Oh, here," More came up to the side of the bed I was on and helped me get my wings and back set up onto the headboard.

Wait.

Wings?

I gasped as I looked over my shoulder. I had wings, almost identical to Azriel's, though they had more of a red tint instead of a purple tint to them. My light slithered and wrapped around them, almost to protect them, and I shivered at the foreign feeling.

"You should see your eyes," Mor said, a soft smile on her beautiful face. There was sympathy and pity in her eyes and I hated the look everyone was giving me.

I knew I must look tired and in pain with how much my back hurt and how much I felt tired, but I didnt need their pity.

"What happened when we left?" Rhysand said. He had an arm around Feyre who looked distraught.

"I was in the library and I fell asleep," I said. " When I woke up I was in Hybern."

"You don't remember anything else?" Cassian asked, his arms crossed. I could feel the rage rolling off him in waves. I shivered.

"I remember my father was there," I hugged my arms around myself. "He said that I was given to him by someone called Amarantha."

At the mention of the name, everyone in the room tensed and a glass shattered across the room. I jumped. They must know who this woman is; she must not be a good person if Rhysand shattered a glass.

"What else happened?" Azriel said. I shivered at his voice. I remembered when I came out of the cauldron, Azriel was there. I remembered the mating bond clicking into place, and feeling like I was finally complete. But i couldn't think about that right now.

I shifted my shoulders to lift the wings that were on my back slightly; it felt weird when the silk of the pillows were brushing against them, like someone was blowing air into my ears. They were so sensitive, I don't know how Illyrians handle them all the time.

"My father said I was Amarantha's daughter." I said

Another glass shattered.

—-----------------

"Thats impossible," Cassian said, looking at Rhysand for a split second before turning back to me. How old are you, Thalia?

"Im 50, why?" I said looking at each of them individually. Cassian shifted on his feet uncomfortably. Mors jaw fell open. Amren just looked at me. Nesta glared. Feyre seemed like she wanted to throw up. Azriel was stoic but his shadows roared around him, curling around his ears.

Rhys walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"What's going on?" I asked, trying to stand up, but my back roared in pain and Mor had to help me back against the headboard before I fell over.

"You are Rhysand's daughter." Amren said.

Feyre vomited.