⌗ CHAPTER 2

Japanese will be in Bold text, and Filipino/English will be written italics.

SCARLET HEART

CHAPTER 2
REALIZATION

EDITED - 012924

I remember... Falling...? No... Being dragged...

Dragged into the water...

And the eclipse...

What does it mean...?

Did I die...?

I was so scared...

But now I just... Feel warm...

So very warm...

Did someone help me and bring me to the hospital...?

Her body feels like it's on fire! But, something cool is pressed against her forehead?

And why can't I move my body on my own?! She thought.

She tried her hardest until she successfully cracked her eyes open and try to blink away her exhaustion so she can scan her surroundings. She appear to be lying on the floor on top of some sort of futon. There's a thick blanket wrapped around her and a small bucket of water sitting at her side. The overall look of the room appearing to be... Traditional, in a Japanese sense.

Huh? This isn't what I was expecting at all... Whoever owns this house is sure to love the traditional Japanese style.

As she struggle to sit up, a damp rag falls into her lap. That must've been what she felt on her forehead. Did someone save her?

At the sound of the door sliding open, she tense up and hug her legs close to her, nervous about coming face to face with who—or what could've brought her here. She didn't know what the heck happened to her but she certainly didn't want to experience another dangerous situation like the one from before.

When the door finally slides open. Her eyes widen.

This person is...

Some random old guy she never see before?!

WHO THE HECK IS THIS?!

The stranger in question walked briskly over towards where she sat, and pushed her back onto the futon to make her lay down again. Promptly reaching for the washcloth that fell off of her face, he dipped into the bucket of water next to her and wrung it out, placing it back on her forehead where it should be.

And he did all of this without saying a word.

Needless to say, the entire situation perplexed her. Like, what the actual fuck is happening?