⌗ CHAPTER 7

SCARLET HEART

CHAPTER 7
DANGER

EDITED - 012924

The Kamados were sweating when Yurika went back to training again, worried she would act stupid like last time

The Kamados were sweating when Yurika went back to training again, worried she would act stupid like last time. So deciding to let their minds rest easy, she trained at home from that point on. After all, she had already taken extensive notes on the basic forms she needed to learn, and now she just needed to perfect them.

Yurika walked outside and selected a big stick, leaning it over her shoulder as she made her way back into the front yard.

“Hey, what's with the stick?” Takeo asked from where he was chopping wood.

Ignoring him and choosing to demonstrate instead, Yurika held it in front of her in a battle ready position. Lifting it above her head and swinging it downwards.

“One...!” She counted in Japanese, “Two...! Three...!”

Getting the idea, the black-haired boy simply returned to the task he had been doing, leaving her to her thoughts.

I've run through this scenario multiple times now. I can't imagine telling everyone that a demon was going to kill them would go across well. They probably wouldn't even believe me... After all, Tanjiro didn't believe old man Saburo in the anime...

Still keeping track of how many times she swung her arms, she furrowed her brows.

Maybe I could trick them into leaving somehow. But would Muzan just follow us...?

Come to think of it, what is the reason why Muzan killed this family? Oh, darn... I forgot...

Maybe... Just maybe... I could take them to the demon slayer corps headquarters...? They would be much safer there... But I have no idea where the heck it is!

Yurika surveyed all the houses with wisteria family crests on them. They would probably know where the headquarters is...

She mentally noted to ask people around the town if they had ever seen one.

━━━━━━━

Currently, Yurika is lying down because she shouldn't overexert herself, deciding to rest after her training session. Well, it was Tanjirou who insisted on that until she agreed. She simply rolled around her futon for a few minutes, trying to formulate a plan.

When will Muzan come here? What exact day or month is it? Argh! Why wasn't that mentioned in the anime?! Or maybe it was mentioned, and I just forgot?

However, she stiffened as she realized something.

Hold up, isn't there something else I'm forgetting? Or rather, someone I'm forgetting?