⌗ CHAPTER 13

SCARLET HEART

CHAPTER 13
A LITTLE MOMENTS AND REST

EDITED - 012924

Yurika was back to overworking herself again

Don't get the boy wrong; he was overworking himself too, just not to the extent that his brown-haired friend was.

He had been well aware that she did extra training at night, but he didn't consider it a big deal since it was what she wanted and Urokodaki would supervise her... But a few days ago, it was like something snapped, and she threw herself into overdrive.

The burgundy-eyed boy had wracked his brain, once again trying to figure out what could've set her off.

This pattern was becoming something that he was getting used to, and he didn't like it one bit. How many times did he have to scold her before she understood that this wasn't good for her health?

He watched as she swung her sword up and down, over and over again. Tanjirou had already finished his training for the day, but apparently Yurika was just getting started. She also had bags under her eyes.

Sighing to himself and deciding that this had gone on for long enough, he walked over to the girl and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Yurika... What's the matter?

She jumped, nearly slicing one of his fingers off in the process. “Ah— I'm sorry! You surprised me.”

Thankful he had all of his limbs intact, he placed a hand on his chest and sighed in relief before cutting to the chase again. “... Is there something that's troubling you?

The brown-haired girl gulped. Why?

Because you only train like this when you're upset...

I... always train hard...

You know what I mean... Do you remember the other day? When you comforted me? He recalled waking up in the exact same spot the next morning, feeling much better than before despite the embarrassment of waking up on his best friend's shoulder.

You mentioned that you're here for me and that you'll help me, no matter what. Before that, we agreed to have each other's backs. Tanjirou gave the girl a determined yet warm look as he clenched his fist. I want you to know, I'm here for you too. I want you to feel comfortable talking to me.

Yurika anticipated that this moment would come sooner or later.

Sure, she could lie, claiming she was perfectly fine, but that wouldn't suffice with someone as perceptive as him. Besides, she didn't want him to be overly concerned about her.