⌗ CHAPTER 18

SCARLET HEART

CHAPTER 18
ANOTHER DAY

NOT EDITED

Everything was going well so far

Everything was going well so far. Dion and Tanjirou weren't on bad terms (as far as Yurika could tell), she had painted her new mask with a different design (hooray!), and her injuries were healing up rather quickly.

Yurika should thank the heavens Urokodaki stepped in and forced her to rest; otherwise, she probably would've ended up killing herself somehow...

But wait, there's more!

Since Yurika had already gone through the mountain climbing, obstacle course running, fox-fighting training crap, she now had free rein to do whatever training she pleased whenever her injuries were gone. It was nowhere near time for Tanjirou to be heading off to the final selection either. So she had almost a full year to do whatever.

Or well... That's what she thought, anyway.

Dion had pointed out the fact that she would be receiving missions just as quickly as he would after her Demon Slayer uniforms were delivered, and the only way for her to get out of it was to continue being injured.

This led to her brainstorming solutions on ways to get out of it, eventually landing on a sitcom classic: pretending to be injured, even if she were perfectly okay. The only problem with this plan is she would have to keep finding ways to get fake injured, and Yurika would need to keep up the act at all times since her personal messenger crow could be anywhere at any time.

It was doable.

A complete pain in the ass, but doable.

Yurika wrote her plan in English and showed it to Dion so unwanted ears couldn't overhear her idea. There's no telling whether the birds can understand English or not... But the fact that they can talk at all is more than concerning to her.

Yurika sighed as the black-haired boy got the message, nodding to her. She shut her notebook, tossing it behind her onto her futon in exasperation.

She was going to be immobile for the next year or so, ruling out many possible training regimens. A problem for another time.

“Dion, you should do it too... It doesn't have to be forever.”

“No can do, friendo.”

“Why not?”

“As much as I hate him, Haruchiyo needs me around. He'd fall on his sword and die without me...”

“Debatable, but whatever. As long as my ship sails, I'm good—”

“Let the damn thing go!”

“No way! HaruDion must live!”

“That's a dumb name, and you're a dumb person for thinking of it.”