⌗ CHAPTER 9

Note: Please remember that when it's like this (‘ ’), it's thoughts, while when it's like this ("") it's normal speaking in English/Tagalog (since Yurika is Filipino)...

SCARLET HEART

CHAPTER 9
CRUELTY

EDITED - 012924

"...Then, is she going to be in a vegetative state?"

She heard the person say, so she opened her eyes slightly to see them, but it was a bit blurry.

"Well... Her body is completely normal right now. It's unbelievable, considering such a serious accident happened..."

‘...Who are they talking about? An accident?’

"According to the electroencephalography results, she's in a deep sleep. My only explanation is that she's having a long dream." The doctor said.

‘I'm just sleeping...’

"Anyway, it's a sin that she was even born; she doesn't help at all. Do you know when she'll wake up?" A female voice asked in a nonchalant tone. The woman had short brown hair, and although her face couldn't be seen as she was facing away, Yurika recognized her...

‘Mom...?’

"There's no reaction to any stimulus. It's like she doesn't want to wake up..." The doctor said while looking down with a sad expression.

"Stop with the nonsense, save her! If you let her die like this, I'll sue you, damn it!" The brown-haired man angrily pointed at the doctor as he stated.

"Damn it. She's so freaking stubborn. Can she even die from drowning?" Another man said, but his face couldn't be seen as he had his back turned.

And her hand twitched.

‘...I want to sleep a bit more. Although this is just a dream... I don't want to wake up...’

"...Oh? Didn't she just move her fingers?"

‘Let me go back...’

"Hey, Yurika Clemente."

"Seriously..."

‘Let me go home...’

Yurika shot up and covered her mouth with her hands, coughing and choking on her own spit as she tried not to throw up in her lap.

Gulping down her saliva, she paused for a moment to take a look at her surroundings.