⌗ CHAPTER 12

SCARLET HEART

CHAPTER 12
TRAINING ARC

EDITED - 012924

“*Huff* Are you— *huff!* Alright, Jiro?”

*Huff* Are you *huff!* Alright, Jiro?”

“—I'm fine... We're almost there...”

The two of them were currently holding each other up, beaten and exhausted from the trials of the mountain. Blood dripped down from a few areas on both of their bodies.

Yurika had been the most relieved she had ever been in her life after she could see Urokodaki's house in the distance. It was almost enough to make her cry. Yurika just wanted to sleep so badly and forget everything that had happened today. She used her other arm to slide the door open with a bit of a struggle, as the other arm was occupied by Tanjirou.

We—We're alive...” Yurika panted.

Urokodaki looked up at the two of them. Well, he probably did, anyway. It was hard to tell with his mask.

“We made it,” Tanjirou gasped.

Yurika fell to her knees, taking her burgundy-haired friend with her, her body no longer able to hold her up. Shutting her eyes immediately, she didn't even care what anyone thinks as she fell into a deep slumber...

“Y̷̼͐ö̸̠́u̸̞̓'̸͓͘r̶̝͛ë̸̘ ̷̨̍ṇ̸̅ȍ̷͉ẗ̸͕́ ̸̞͗l̶͎̽i̴̳͊k̷̲̀e̴͇̾ ̷̡̈́t̸͍̅h̷̝͌e̵͔̕ ̷͌͜ö̴͕́t̵̻͛h̵̢͊e̶̳͆r̷̯͝s̶̙̑.̶̰̎ ̶̹͒Ý̵͓ö̶̹ü̷͔ ̵̺̎ś̷̮h̸̡̽ó̸̻ù̶̧l̴̖̋ḋ̷̲ ̸͉͑b̵̖̚é̶̢ ̸͎̕d̶̙͒e̶̟͠ȧ̷̺d̸̺̅ ̸̺̏b̴͙̍y̵̫̌ ̶̺̃n̵͔̋ó̷̯ẅ̸͓.̸̝̍ ̴͉̔W̷̭̓h̴̲̏a̴̼͗t̸̨̒ ̵̨͛k̶̡͛i̶̛̻n̴̻͝d̸̲͊ ̷̇͜ő̸̹f̷̡̆ ̴̮̈́ȧ̸̖n̷͉͗ŏ̶̳m̴̺͘ǎ̴͎l̸̼̓y̴̫͋ ̶̀ͅa̸̢͑r̵̙͒é̴̳ ̷̖͑ỳ̶͔o̷͓̽ű̴̲?̶̝͌ ̶͉͘Ḋ̸̯o̵̼͝n̴͓̚'̷̍ͅt̶̗͝ ̵̫̓t̷̺͝h̵̨̀i̸̱̒n̴̝̑k̵̪̊ ̷͕̈ẗ̶̠h̶͎͋i̵͔͐s̶̗͊ ̶͍̑ć̸̡ḧ̸̭́ă̵̡ṋ̴̋ĝ̶͜ȩ̶͗s̶̛̟ ̷̡̔a̷̡͒n̶̳̅y̶͔̓t̷̜͝h̴̹͒i̴̩͋n̴̫͐g̷͓͆;̸̬̀ ̶̝̌y̵̨͗o̵̬̐u̴̦̓r̶͍̀ ̶̼̃e̸͚͒x̵͚̄i̷̩͠s̸̙̈ṱ̶͆e̷͍͋n̴̻͐c̵̩̓ḙ̸̚ ̶̙̓i̶͔̓s̵̝̾ ̶̼̍s̶̪͗t̴͉͐ì̸̬ḻ̸̀ḷ̴̎ ̶̝́f̶͕̀ṟ̶͝ḁ̷̆g̵͇͗i̵̻͌l̴̄ͅe̷̟͗ ̵̚͜i̶̠͒ń̴̫ ̵̡͗t̶̳́h̴̗̽i̸̖͌s̵̘̅ ̷̟̊w̵͝ͅó̶͎r̵͓̍l̵̤̉d̴̙͐.̵̣̾”

S̶h̶e̶ ̶C̶a̶N̶ ̶H̶e̶A̶r̶ ̶T̶h̶E̶m̶ ̶S̶c̶R̶e̶A̶m̶I̶n̶G̶—

“Yurika?”

Yurika felt someone shaking her shoulder and cracked her eyes open. She was gasping for air as if she had just run a mile, and sweat covered her forehead.

Looking to her side, she saw Tanjirou with a concerned look on his face. He was wrapped up in a few bandages due to his recent injuries, and now he wore more comfortable clothing, probably for use as pajamas.