⌗ CHAPTER 10

SCARLET HEART

CHAPTER 10
MT. SAGIRI

EDITED - 012924

Yurika sat back and observed as Nezuko dug her hole, making sure to avoid the dirt that flew around

Yurika sat back and observed as Nezuko dug her hole, making sure to avoid the dirt that flew around. It hadn't been long since Tanjirou left to find something to carry Nezuko in, but apparently, the young Kamado didn't feel like waiting that long to get some cover.

As for Yurika, she was doing her best (though failing) to sleep again. Lately, she would only manage to drift off whenever Tanjirou was beside her, holding her in his embrace or clasping her hands, or whenever the feeling hit her.

She would complain about her sleep, but it wasn't actually too bad once her headaches had stopped. It just gave her time to sit and think to herself...

Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing was yet to be determined.

“Hmm, Hmm!”

Nezuko looked over at Yurika from inside her newly made shelter with a look that seemed to say 'I finished the hole!'

She's the freaking cutest!

“Good job, Nezuko! You did very well!” Yurika praised her and gave her a sweet close-eyed smile while gently patting her hair. Nezuko leaned on her touch while closing her eyes.

When Yurika stopped and adjusted her sitting position, she sweat-dropped when Nezuko looked at her intently.

“Um, do you want me to pat you again?” She asked gently, while Nezuko shook her head. At a loss of words, Yurika figured Nezuko wanted something from her.

“...Did you need something, Nezuko?”

The pink-eyed girl responded by pulling herself out of the hole and dragging Yurika back down with her.

Uhh, what...?

It was a bit cramped, but it seemed like the young Kamado had taken that into account before pulling the brown-haired girl in. Yurika thought the hole looked wider than it did in the anime but shrugged it off as she hadn't seen it in a while.

Apparently, Yurika was right the first time.

Doing her best not to step on Nezuko's toes, Yurika readjusted to the close proximity and asked. “Ah, Nezuko...? Why am I in here too?”

“Hmmm...”

Right. She can't speak.

Well, whatever. It's not like it's the worst position to be in. In fact, it's pretty comfortable. The cave had been quite a bit chillier than Yurika would've liked, and being like this is almost like sharing warmth.