IX

He smiled at me. "Can I?" he asked I nodded letting him kiss me on the forehead. "Are you happy?" he asked me. I jumped on him and gave him a big hug. "I'll take that as a yes." I could feel his laugh. I could feel the spit of rain as the sky started to get dark. Then I heard screaming coming from the ocean. I looked out seeing people on the reef. "Neteyam come." I said pulling him up. I followed the crowed of people who were Hearding themselves. I pushed through the crowed. "Move!" I heard mother yell as she ran past us into the water. she cleared a path for us, so we took it and followed behind her. Mother climbed onto her tsurak and swam to the Tulkun. "It's Ro'a." I held Neteyam's hand. "Ro'a?" he asked. "Mothers spirit sister." I gasped. I went to find my siblings to see if they've heard anything. I found everyone together watching mother come back to shore. "Guys I think fathers gonna tell the clan now!" I told them. father and mother pushed through he crowed to the middle. "A Tulkun has been killed!" Father yelled getting the attention of everyone. "My spirit sister and her baby have been murdered by the sky people. everyone started talking and hissing. "This war has come to us!" Father announced. I could hear Tsireya start crying. "We knew about this hunting of our Tulkun people. but it was over the Horizen far away! Now it is here!" father yelled. jake walked up to father. "You have to understand how the sky people think." jake said to father. father was unimpressed. "They don't care about the great balance!" he spoke. Neteyam let go of my hand and walked up to his father. "Listen listen to him!" he spoke. "The sky people will not stop; this is only the beginning!" jake spoke. "You gotta tell your Tulkuns to leave! you gotta tell them to go far away!". "Leave? you live among us, and you learn nothing!" mother yelled at jake. "We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!" somebody yelled. "If you attack, if you fight, they will destroy you. they will destroy everything that you love." mother placed her hand on her stomach. "Hear my words, hear my words!" jake yelled. Neteyam kept trying to calm people down he had this arrow in his hand. "Listen to my father." he said. "Damn it!" jake yelled before taking the arrow from Neteyam and standing in front of everyone. he showed everyone the arrow. I looked around seeing mother hold onto father's arm. Jake told the clan to tell the Tulkun that if they're hit by one of the trackers, they're marked for death. "Tell the Tulkun." father spoke. Lo'ak left the group going into the water and swimming his Ilu out of the reef. I alerted everyone and we all took to our Ilu's and swam out after him. "Lo'ak!" we yelled as he climbed onto the Tulkun. "Come help!" Lo'ak yelled from the Tulkun. he was pulling on the tracker thing. we all climbed onto the tulkun and tried to pull it out. "Sky people!" Tsireya yelled getting our attention. "Lo'ak call father." Neteyam ordered Lo'ak. Lo'ak did as he said. We all pulled the tracker. "It won't come loose!" Tuk yelled. Neteyam tied a rope to the tracker and onto his Ilu and pulled it. it started getting looser we could all tell. "it's off someone yelled." we all jumped into the water. "I'll take this!" Neteyam yelled. "Net!" I yelled at him, but he was already going before I could get him. Tsireya grabbed my arm. I swam with her on the Ilu's. I jumped off holding on to a piece of seaweed. I spotted Lo'ak, Tsireya and Tuk. I swam towards them getting a breath of air in the pocket plant. "Tsireya they're still out there!" I told her. She nodded at me then turned to Tuk and Lo'ak. "Take deep breathes." she told them. we all took a deep breathe before going back into the water. I looked around seeing a sky person in a machine. I swam in the opposite direction with Tsireya, Tuk and Lo'ak behind me. I stopped as I saw another machine swim through the seaweed. Then I turned around, but we got caught in a net. Lo'ak was able to get out of it as we were taken from the ocean to the sky by an Ikran. "Hurry!" Tuk yelled as Lo'ak tried slicing the net open. we were dropped to the ground. Lo'ak hissed at them as he tried to stab them. They pinned down Lo'ak. at this point we got out of the net. Tuk hissed at the people with her dagger. "Put it down kid!" one lady yelled. she made Tuk drop the knife. the sky people grabbed onto me and Tsireya. "Hey! hey! what are you doing stop it!" a boy yelled running up to us. "Stop don't hurt them!" he yelled once more before getting stopped by the sky people. Lo'ak hissed as they told him to stop moving. "Spider!" Lo'ak mustve known this boy. "Are you okay?" "Bro yeah great cuz never better." Lo'ak said to him jokingly. the avatar instructed the men to take the boy away before jumping off his Ikran. "Yeah, I remember you, Cuff them to the rail!" he ordered them. they pulled us to the rail before handcuffing us. "Be brave." Lo'ak said. "How am I supposed to be brave in this fucking situation." I yelled at Lo'ak. "Shut up kid or ill cut it off." an avatar yelled at me. I could see Na'vi fly around the corner of a brother's rock. "Na'vi in bound!" one of them yelled. "Dad!" Tuk yelled. "Weapons up!" another avatar yelled. they slowly stopped in the water. the avatar pulled off Lo'ak's communicator. "Jake keep your Na'vi inbound if you want your children back, you'll come alone." he picked up a gun and pointed it at Lo'aks head. "You know better than to test me." he continued to hold the gun to his head. I kept pulling and biting on the cuff. "Just wait one." I heard jake through the communicator. the avatar pulled down the gun.