XX

"My sons, you must take care of your sister." Father said placing Tsireya in Ao'nung's arms. I looked over his shoulder at sleeping Tsireya. "She is very pretty papa." I said to dad. "She is, is she not, now you have to take good care of her and always protect her." papa said to me. "Can I hold her now?" I asked. "No its still my turn!" Ao'nung hissed at me. "I was not asking you, you skxawng!" I yelled at him stomping my foot and waking up Tsireya. "Y/N do not yell, your sister is sleeping." mama said picking up now awake and crying Tsireya in her arms. "B-but Ao'nung wouldn't let me hold her!" I yelled. "Y/N please do not yell at your mother." Papa said to me. "B-but-" "Y/N go back to the marui now." Mama said coldly. I did as she said. I walked my way to the Marui. I heard mama telling my brother and papa about her song bead in the Marui. I walked in and sat next to Ao'nung. "Now this bead is from when I had you and Ao'nung!" mama smiled at us. She pointed out an elongated bead with stripes on the sides. "and this one is from when I found out I had your siblings." She said going through all the beads to a similar looking one. "Whats that one?" Ao'nung asked pointing at a shell on the beads. "This one is a very important one, it is from when I mated with your papa." she smiled looking up at papa. Me and Ao'nung looked at each other and made an 'ew' sound and face at each other. Papa and Mama laughed at us. "Will I be able to mate with someone like Papa?" I asked Mama. "Yes of course baby, you can mate with anyone." Mama said hugging Papa. "No you are my sweet little boy you will stay single." Papa said. "Yeah you can't mate with anyone your my little brother!" Ao'nung said crossing his arms. "I was born only a little after you!" I said to Ao'nung. "Still you are my little brother and always will be my little brother." He said pulling me into a hug and scrunching up my hair. "Stop!" I yelled at him as he continued to do it. "Okay children it s better you go to sleep now." Papa laughed spliting us up. "Mama can you sing to sleep please." I begged her. "Yeah will you please Mama we will go to sleep right away!" Ao'nung said also begging. "Alright since you two have been good, I will sing you to sleep." Mama laughed. We lay down beside her on each side of her. "What would you like to hear kids?" Mama asked us. "I want the song of our people!" I said. "I want that too!" Ao'nung said. "Alright." Mama's voice vibrated. I heard papa start to drum a rhythm. "This tradition is our mission and my children, there's so much to do." she sang. "make way.." papa sang from behind her. "Don't trip on the taro root, that's all you need. We share everything we make."  "we make." "We joke, and we weave our baskets." Mama sang. "ah-ha!" Papa sang from behind her. 

Then I woke up drenched in sea water. There was a storm the island was sinking. "Ao'nung!" I yelled getting up then falling. I ran up to the Marui and shaking Ao'nung to wake up. "what." He grumbled wiping his eye. "Ao'nung I think the island is sinking!" I said to him. "I doubt that is happening." He said giving me a side eye. "Go outside and see for yourself!" I said to him. He did as I said. Getting up and walking outside dry and coming back in wet. "Okay I think the island is sinking." He said shaking of the extra water. "What are we going to do?" I asked him. "Lets pack up our stuff and spend the rest of the night on our Ilu's." He said picking up some of his stuff and putting it into his bag. I did the same picking up the food we had and the bowls. I walked out and called my Ilu. I was soaking wet when the Marui we made collapsed. Ao'nung got up from the Marui and called his Ilu. I got on my Ilu watching him get on his. He guided us out of the area into a more calm place. I stopped my Ilu as we came to a more clear sky. "I think we will be okay from here." He said. "Do you think the island will actually sink?" I asked him. "No I doubt it, although that storm was really strong we should not go back that way for a little while." He said laying back on his Ilu, I looked up to the sky and lay down like Ao'nung. I looked into the sky mapping out the stars with my hands. I watched stars flutter with each other. At this point I assumed Ao'nung was asleep because I could hear his snoring. I could feel the water underneath me vibrate with each snore. I laughed at it. "He is so loud is he not?" I laughed asking my Ilu. I laughed as my Ilu squeaked at me. I lookd back up at the sky. I saw Ikrans fly past us in the sky. I was shocked. I sat up on my Ilu. "Ao'nung!" I yelled while still looking at the sky. "Ao'nung!" I yelled jumping into the water and going to his Ilu. I pulled him into the water making him yell. "Dude I just saw some Ikrans!" I yelled. I saw another fly by and land on a nearby island. I climbed onto my Ilu watching Ao'nung climb on as well. I glided my Ilu through the water towards the island. I came to the island and ran onto the island. I watched the sully family and the boy all climb off their Ikrans. I see Neteyam climb off his Ikran. I run over to him and tun into him making us fall over. "Neteyam!" I yelled hugging him. "Y/N?" he said hugging me back. "I miss you!" I said as i started to tear up.