XXIX

That evening mother and father were ecstatic seeing me be able to move my legs. "Here is your broth my son, you said you wanted to eat it." Mother said passing me my bowl. "Thank you mama." I said as she gave me a kiss on the forehead. I sat infront of Ao'nung. His hair our of the bun it is always in. Tsireya sat behind me doing my hair. I usually kept it in a bun as well so she took it out and made it look like hers. I drank the broth reminiscing in the flavour. "Hello my olo'eyktan and my tsahik." Rotxo said walking inside. "Rotxo you know you can just call us ronal and tonowari." My father said to him. He nodded and sat down beside Ao'nung. "How is your grandmother?" My mother asked him as she handed him a bowl. "She is great, I mean she is getting old but she is still happy." He said to her. "That is good." My mother said. Ao'nung started talking to Roxto. "How are you Y/N?" Rotxo asked me. 'I am fine, I can move my legs again but cannot walk my legs are not strong enough." I said to him. He turned back to Ao'nung and started talking. I brushed my hands through Ao'nungs hair occasionally making him yell when I found a knot. I tied it up into a full braid. Tsireya braided in the dry grass before asking me what shell I would like. "So which would you like?" She asked and showed me three shells. The first one the same as hers and horn shell and one that is similar to mothers shell. "This one." I said to her pointing at the one similar to mothers. "Alright then turn to me and stay still." She said to me. I closed my eyes as she hinged the shell in. I could smell the dry grass being put into my hair. "There you are finished, what do you think mama?" Tsireya asked grabbing my face and spinning me to my mother. "Gorgeous reya." Mama responded with a smile. "Alright we are going!" Tsireya said standing up and dragging me up with her. "I am to heavy for you." I said to herr. "I know that is why Ao'nung is going to help me, right Ao'nung?" Tsireya said pinching at Ao'nung. He sighed and stood up, hooking his arm with mine. "Bye mama bye papa." Ao'nung said. "Bye Ronal and Tonowari!" Roxto said standing up. "Bye bye!" Tsireya said "Bye kids be back before eclipse please!" papa said before we started walking out. "So where are we going?" Roxto asked. "We are going to drop off Y/N at the sullys place." Tsireya responded to him. "What?!" I yelled. "shh shut up there are children sleeping!" Ao'nung said pointing at the maruis. I sighed letting Tsireya guide me to their marui. She knocked on the kids entrance and walked us in. "Hi Kiri!" Rotxo said happily. Kiei said hi back and then went out to hang with him. I looked around the room spotting the boy. Tsireya dropped me on the ground and left after saying hello to Lo'ak. "Y/N this is spider say hi!" Tuk said. "I did not agree with this."I said crossing my arms. "Say hello Y/N you will upset Tuk." Net said. "Hello spider." I mumbled. "Hello." He said back to me. "Did reya do your hair?" Tuk asked. "Yes she did I can get her to do yours if you would like or I could do it." I said to her. She giggled happily. "It is late Tuk you should go to bed now." Neteyam said to her. She groaned saying how she did not want to go to bed and wanted to stay up with us. "I am sure she can stay awake for just a little bit." I smiled and pulled her over and gave her a hug. "Yeah pretty please would you?" Tuk asked giving him, the cute eyes. "please." I asked hugging her. Neteyam sighed thinking. "How about no." Neteyam said laughing. "Come on Tuk bed please." He said as she walked out of the room. "Bye Y/N see you in the morning." She said. "Good night Tuk." I said. Kiri walked in after Tuk walked out. "So Lo'ak I heard you were dating my sister huh?" I said to him. "Yes I am dating her." He said confidently. "You must be glad she was not promised to someone." I mocked him grinning. "Yes that is great." he said with a fake grin.

I turned my head to Neteyam. "So would you like to do my hair? You have only done metkayina hair and it is different from ometicaya anyways." He said. I smiled at him, nodding. "Can I really?" I asked him. "Sure!" He smiled and turned around for me to do his hair. "It is so soft!" I smiled. "Neteyam treats his hair like it is his child." Kiri laughed with the others. "Even reyas hair is not as soft as this and everyone is always asking for her treatment and how she looks after it. But do not tell her believe me it will not be pretty if she learns." I said. I heard everyone laughing. "Honestly your hair is amazing!" I said. I brushed my hands through his hair for a little before bunching it up and bringing it all together.

after a while I stopped playing with Neteyams hair and we all started to talk about things. "Our mother said to us when we were little that mother had tried to kill him when she first saw him." Kiri said to me. "Yes father said it was love at first sight." Neteyam said to me. He placed his hand on top of mine. I blushed and looked down at our hands. The boys started lauhging at us. "Alright you two stop trying to prove something. I am going to bed meaning we are all going to bed goodnight." Kiri said before blowing out the flame of the fire.