XIV

Neteyam took me a little island off the reef that was surrounding the island. "When did you find this Net?" I asked as he helped me get off the Ilu. "While me and Lo'ak were exploring we found this place, I asked him if I could borrow it for our date tonight." he said to me. "Thats nice so what are the plans?" "Tonight, we will start out with a swim in the glowing water, that is if the weather stays like this." He pointed to the sky. I saw the eclipse in the sky. "And then well eat under the stars as we fall in love and tell each other stories. after that we will explore the forest and find a romantic place to look into each other's eyes and kiss." he said laughing. "You have got a big imagination in that head of yours." I said to him. "Haha come on there's a little place I want us to go swimming." he said pulling me. he walked us into a cave and into a watering hole. there was an empty space in in the roof of the cavern making the water reflect the eclipse thar was happening. "Come on this place is really safe." I grinned diving into the water. "This is very nice place." I said to him while I swam around. "Did you take your bandages off?" I asked him slightly opening my eyes. he paused floating in the water and then looking down at himself. "Shit!" He said slapping his head. he climbed out of the water and removed his bandages. he placed them in a pile beside pool before doing a cannonball into the water. he surfaced the water whipping his hair back as he did. "How was that?" he asked me. "Very impressive." I said to him. I pushed myself out of the water. "I bet you I can do better." I smiled at him. "Are you sure? try me." I smiled at him as I balled my hair up into a bun. I did a quick run before diving into the water. I surface looking at Neteyam. he was staring at me with a blank face. "What? was it that bad?" I asked him. "I haven't dived trying to impress someone before." I said to him. "No, it was awesome Y/N I mean when you entered the water your splash was tiny!" he reassured me.

Turns out he had made me dinner before we arrived and had it heated while we swam. "Here eat this I really don't know if it'll taste good, I took some suggestions off of mom." he said to me handing me the food he had cooked. i took a bite as he watched me patiently waiting for me to tell him how it is. I tried to prolong me telling him how it was for as long as I could. "So how is it does it taste good. "He asked me. I laughed at him before responding. "It's quite good!" I said to him. he hesitated to eat his portion. he ended up eating his portion. stopping every few seconds to pause and think about the food. "Is it not up to your standards?" I asked him. If he didn't like his own food than I would definitely laugh. "It... just doesn't taste right." he said. "How come? its tastes quite good to me." I said to him. "I do not know, maybe it needs something. do you mind." he said to me putting his hand out. I put my food in his hand, but he grabbed my hand instead and gave me a kiss. "Hey, I never agreed to this smashing of our lips!" I said to him. "Come on you know you love it!" he grinned at me. He continued laughing at me. I could feel my face blushing. we finished our food and started our walk through the forest.

"Why exactly are we walking around the forest?" I asked Neteyam who was looking at a makeshift map. "We are finding a romantic spot." he said still looking at the map. "You know what makes a date romantic is bot recipients look at each other in the eyes not at the maps they made trying to make sure we find a romantic place." I informed him. He looked up at me and put the map away into a small bag he had. "Listen I had found this really good and romantic spot up on the hill somewhere and now I can't find it." he said to me. "Listen..." I said holding his hand. "...we can find it now give me the map." I said holding out one hand while the other stayed holding his. He pulled out the folded-up map and handed it to me. i unfolded the map half expecting doodles of random things and the other half expecting specific drawings with specific titles for each. I ended up getting the doodles. No wonder he can't tell where's where and what's what. I looked at the doodled drawings picking out which are which. "Okay so you see this rock, right?" I said pointing out a crooked circle on the map. I then pointed out a rock right Infront of us. "That rock is this rock right?" I asked looking up at him. He squinted his eyes as he got closer to the map. "I think, maybe?" he spoke. "If we walked around the corner than we should be there." I said to him. we walked around the corner of the tree, and we found the spot. we were about to walked onto the grass when we started to here talk. Neteyam pulled me back into the trees as we saw sky people and they're Ikran. "N-Neteyam." I said squeezing his arm. "Shh it's okay just stay quite." he said holding me. "But he killed my brother I must get-" "Shh they're going to hear us." he placed one hand on his neck where his communicator was.