XVII

We ran down the hallway sliding between doors trying to find our way out. "Where in the eywa are all the guards and stuff." Ao'nung said looking around. I looked around the corners before sprinting down a pair of stairs and into a small room. I pulled Ao'nung in as I heard other footsteps from around the corner. "How are we gonna get out we have no idea where the fuck we are." Ao'nung complained. "Shut the fuck up you stupid!" I hit him on the head. I watched as the shadow of the avatar came and went past the door. I peaked out the door making sure no one was out there before running around a corner. "My idea is that if we keep climbing either up or down we'll find an exit." I said to him. "So which way are we going?" He asked me. "Let's go down it's our best choice." I said to him and I ran down a staircase. We continued to run downwards in to the ship. "Can you hear that?" Ao'nung asked. I paused listening for anything. "What are you hearing?" I asked him. "I hear yelling I think and waves!" He said running down the hallway. We ran down the hallway to an open room. The floor was empty holding the demon ships littles. I looked at Ao'nung signing to him 'Sneak around and jump into the water simple?'. He nodded back as we got ready to run down and jump into the water. Then I noticed people running around and getting onto the demon ships. 'Wait look at them.' I signed to Ao'nung. 'What is wrong with them?' He signed back. 'They're abandoning the ship!' I signed to him. 'Or they're getting ready for a fight that's what Neteyam told me they were planning.'. I signed to Ao'nung. 'What ever it is we need to leave now.' He signed. We climbed down the rails and waited for the right moment to jump into the water. I ran into the water with Ao'nung the moment we were clear. I called my Ilu and grabbed on. I pulled Ao'nung onto my Ilu before swimming away. 

I surfaced the water slowly as we came up behind a small rock beside the demon ship. "What do you think they're doing in there?" Ao'nung asked me. "I don't know dude, they kept talking to me in they're language acting as if I was able to even understand them." I complained to him. "Alright let's go now before we do anything stupid." Ao'nung said getting back on the Ilu. "Alright." I said before speeding off into the direction of the islands.

I slowed down as I saw the different rock formations. "Shit!" I said. "You have no idea how to get home do you?" He laughed at me. "Don't laugh dude come on!" I yelled. "Let me do it dude." He said as he pushed me off the Ilu and created a Tseyheylu. "Fuck you." I said to him pulling myself on. "Shut up bro and hold on." He said as he turned the Ilu around and swam. He stopped somewhere that looked like the same place. "And you said you would get us home." I mocked him. "Shut up kid I will it is just taking a lot longer than I imagined." He said before gliding the Ilu through the rock formations. "See now we're..where are we?" He stopped. "It's getting dark we should stop somewhere for the night." I said to him looking up at the sky. "Yeah okay we will stay the night over there." He said pointing at an island. He glided the Ilu towards the island. I got off and started collecting fire wood. "What are you doing dude." He asked me. "I'm not sleeping in the dark I'm making a fire." I said proudly as I put down the sticks I collected and lit a fire. He sighed and sat down. "You can take the first shift I'm going to sleep." Ao'nung said laying down. "When did I agree to that?!" I poked him with a stick. "When you made the fire you did." He laughed before going back to sleep. This is stupid. I heard a crackle in the trees. I jumped. It's just an animal it will stay away from the fire. I stared at the fire for a few hours. Then I looked up seeing the moons. I poked Ao'nung to wake. "It's your turn to stay awake." I said as I handed him the stick and lay down. I closed my eyes opening them the next morning sun blazing in my eyes and the fire out. I looked at Ao'nung seeing him asleep still holding the stick. "Oi you skxawng!" I yelled at him walking him up. "What?!" He yelled. "Let's go now!" I yelled at him. I climbed onto the Ilu making a Tseyheylu and waiting for Ao'nung. He pulled himself on and we were off. I glided along the water surface making sure the Ao'nung was partially in the water. "Look!" I yelled seeing the three brothers rocks. "That means we're close!" I said pointing it out to Ao'nung. "Great now we're close just guide us home and we'll be good!" He said. I guided the Ilu to the out side of the reef. I paused hearing yelling coming from the village. "Shut up Ao'nung!" I said jumping into the water. Ao'nung jumped in behind me and followed me onto the outside of the reef. "Look!" I whispered to Ao'nung. We saw people gathering in the waters on they're Tsurak's. "Come on they're just in the water!" Ao'nung said about to climb up. "Don't be stupid watch them!" I said pulling him down. "Look they're all in lines along the water and they keep looking around. I don't trust that behaviour and where are the sullys?!" I said to him pointing it out.  "Alright let's not go into the village just yet. But we've got to find out what's happening!" He said.