XXVIII

I lay down on the floor one day in my marui by myself when I heard yelling coming from outside. Tsireya walked in. She sat down beside me. "what are you thinking about it Y/N?" She asked me. "You know when there is complete silence and I am by myself, You think about life and stuff like that?" I responded to her. "Yeah what about it, what were you thinking about?" "Neteyam, each time he is about to confess something comes up." I said to her. "When you love someone you have to go after them." She said pausing. "Is that how you got Lo'ak?" I asked her. "Bitch, I look like this. Homegirl do not chase! Homegirl gets chased! I learned that from Kiri. She says it is slang." She said to me. "Lucky." I said sighing. "You need more confidence hun, you should just go out there and ask him yourself!" She said to me. "You do know I am paralysed waist down right or are you that blind?" I sighed sinking more into the floor. "What happened while I was out? Did somebody die, Please tell me I do not have anything to feast on." I asked. I feeling a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head to see Neteyam sitting next to me. "When did you get here?" I asked him sitting up with him helping me. "I heard you and Tsireya talking, I saw you guys she let me in and now we are here.". "So you heard me talking about us?" I said blushing at him. "I did and I think you do have the confidence you just need it to do it with." He said to me. "Do it right now there is no other better chance than right now anyways." I looked at him. "Will you please? Make a tseheylu with me Neteyam..?" "Te Suli Tsyeyk'itan." "Make a tseheylu with me Neteyam te Suli Tsyeyk'itan." I said. He laughed and took my hand in his. "Oel ngati kameie." He said. "Oh Neteyam." I said before he pulled him into a kiss. He pulled away from me. "Y/N.." "You are happy are you not?" I asked him in a rush worried he did not like it. "No no no do not think that way. it is nothing I am very happy." He smiled.

Later on I was outside on the sand bank with Tsireya. "I am dating Neteyam now." I blurted out. She turned her head slowly towards me. She then stared at me in the eyes before pinching my cheeks. "You are what?!" She yelled. "You saw him outside do not yell at me, You knew he was there and that he had heard our conversation." I said pinching her cheeks. "Okay okay but did you confess or did he?" She asked me. I continued to pinch her cheeks as I answered yes to her question. "Yes what did you or did he be more specific!" She said pinching me more. "I confessed I did!" I yelled. "Ahah I knew it!" She smiled and let go of my cheeks. I let go as well and slapped my face. "What did you say exactly?!" She asked me excitedly. "Be very specific and do not miss a single detail!" She said while shaking me by my shoulders. "No go ask Net yourself!" I said to her shaking her back. She huffed and stood up. "Wait here I am going to go grab him and bring him here." She said leaving me on the sand bank. I watched her walk away from me before I turned back to the water. I sighed and pinched my legs. "Would you just work, I want to walk again. Oh my eywa." I said laying back. "I am never going to never walk again." I said. 'Do not say that you will walk again, you just have to wait." I heard Neteyam say as he walked around beside me. "Yeah you just have to wait, it will take only a few days." Tsireya said walking around the other side of me. "We will bring out norm in a few days to get you checked out." Neteyam said wraping his hand around my head. "How about we try walking right now." Tsireya said standing up. I laughed and agreed. Neteyam and Tsireya both pulled me up onto the sand. "Now just try one step." Neteyam said to me. "This is not as easy as it looks Net." I said to him. He laughed at me. "Okay come on try at least." Tsireya said.

We tried for a while only getting a few steps. I still could not walk on my own but we found out I was able to move and take steps. Tsireya was so excited she went off to grab the others. "See you can walk you just need to work on your muscles." Neteyam said to me. "You do know I will probably run into things like Lo'ak right?" I laughed. He nodded and laughed as well. "Okay this time I will let go and you will try walk yourself alright?" He said. I nodded as he let go. I stepped once and then swaped feet to step with the other. "See you can do it!' Neteyam yelled at me. I stopped before I fell over. I leaned onto Neteyams shoulder. "I am tired, this stuff is difficult." I said to him. He wrapped his arms around me and helped me down to the sand. "I miss the water Net." I said to him. "One day soon we will walk along the water together and have that date that does not turn into one of us getting kidnapped." Neteyam said. "Are all the sky people gone yet?" I asked him. "Yeah but they still have a base in the forest. Dad expects them to try strike again." "What about the boy?" "Spider? He is alive he is here with us, he stays in the marui with us." He said. "Why.." I asked. "He has done nothing but hurt and almost killed us, he has caused this!" I growled at him. "Y/N I understand you hold this anger but you must not blame the boy he has done so little." Neteyam said. "I do not give second chances you do understand that right Neteyam?" I said to him. "You must for this boy. He is a part of my family." He said to me." He said.