11

[im Gonna stop putting the little elmax and byler moments in the beginning of each chapter since I'm running out of ideas]

Janes pov.

"I CANT JUST Call her right?" Jane Said, pacing around her room.

"Says who?" Beverley said, leaning on Janes bed headboard.

"Wait, you can do that?" Jane said, stopping to face Beverley.

Beverley muttered a small, "mhm." And handed Jane the phone.

Jane grabbed the phone from Beverley, sitting next to the smaller girl on janes bed.

Jane quickly dialed maxes number, bring the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Said Max on the other line.

"Max! Hi!" Jane quickly said.

"Oh, hey Jane." Max said, her tone dropping to a more serious one.

"Give me a second." Jane Said.

Jane covered the phone and turned to Beverley.

"Hm?" Beverley said, looking confused.

"What should i say?" Jane said, nervously shifting the phone around in her hand.

"Tell her the truth. That's what she'll want to hear, right?" Beverley said.

"Okay." Jane Said, bringing the phone back up to her ear.

"Hey, sorry max. My mom called me." Jane said.

"Oh. Well what do you need?" Max said.

"Well, there's something I needed to talk to you about." Jane said, twirling the cord between her fingers.

"What is it?" Max Said, sounding curious through the phone.

"Well, I had noticed that I've just been a really bad friend. Shit, my brother started hanging out with you." Jane said, laughing softly at the end but it quickly died down.

"Well, you have. But i have too. I probably should have talked to you. I'll be honest, I was jealous that you had other friends. But I didn't speak out about it since I didn't want to make you mad." Max said.

"Oh max, you know I wouldn't have been mad at you. I could never be mad at you." Jane said softly smiling.

"Well, I have something to tell you too." Max said, her voice now sounding quite shaky.

"What is it?" Jane said, now getting nervous aswell.

Jane didnt noticed it, but she had been chewing the inside of her cheek the whole time.

"Well...uh..fuck. Uh, I think I like you." Max said.

"Oh, I Like you too max!" Jane said, smiling brightly.

"No, no not like friends. I love you Jane." Max said.

Janes smile left her face, but heat went up to her cheeks.