29

This is the second to last chapter, so strap in as it's going to be pretty long!
Mikes pov

Mike shoved his way through the halls.

Mike may have lost his family, and his house, but he wasn't going to lose his friends either.

His shoes squeaked against the hard floor, since snow was covering the ground outside.

He suddenly bumped into a person, falling ontop of them.

"Eh? Shit! Sorry!" Mike scrambled to get off them, quickly standing up.

"It's fine, werido." A familiar voice said.

He looked down, staring back at the redhead.

Max brushed herself off, getting up quickly.

"Why are you in such a rush?" Max asked, moving her hair from the front to the back.

"I'm looking for Dustin and Lucas." Mike said, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

"Oh? I think their in the bathroom." Max said, lighting a cigarette.

"Oh! Thank you! Be careful with those!" Mike said, grabbing the lighted cigarette from his hand and putting it in his mouth.

Mike quickly ran away, off to the boys restroom.

Max stood there in shock, before rolling her eyes and lighting another cigarette.

"Asshole." She muffled, shuffling to her locker.

—————————

Mike shoved the bathroom door open, walking in on Dustin and Lucas kissing again.

"We really need to stop kissing in obvious places." Dustin said, his face flushed pink.

Lucas chuckled, also flustered.

"Guys! I..need..to..talk..to...you." Mike breathed out every word individually, as he ran across the school.

"Jeez man, you okay?" Lucas said.

"No, I just ran half way across the school just to see you guys!" Mike exclaimed, making Dustin take a step back.

"Do you ghost us for a few months and then come crawling back to us?" Dustin said, getting more serious now.

"Listen, I wanted to apologize. I know I've been acting like a douche lately, and it was a dick thing for me to do. But I've had a lot on my plate, but that's still not an excuse for what I did-" Mike rambled, before being interupted by Lucas putting his hand on mikes shoulder.

"Everything's cool man. I understand how it feels getting a boyfriend." Lucas said, winking at Dustin.

Dustin smiled at him, before putting a hand on mikes other shoulder.

"We cool?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, we are cool." Lucas smiled.