Chapter 8

Ishita ran from that place to the attached balcony in the room. She could not hide the tears in her eyes.

Aarushi noticed her and followed her. Slowly she walked to her and placed her palm on her shoulder.

" I am feeling so sad to see you like this. And please forgive me as I am one of the reasons for your state..." Aarushi said, feeling so guilty.

Ishita wiped her tears and turned to her. She smiled weakly and said, " This is my fate. So...don't feel guilty "

" Are you happy here? " Aarushi asked her.

" Trying to find my happiness in my work ..." she replied.

" But we are not happy there..." Manasi said all of sudden, who heard their conversation. Then she continued walking to them, " My mom is missing you. She wants to see you..."

" I will make a video call and talk to her when I am free..." Ishita informed her.

" Why don't you call her now? " Manasi inquired.

" I will call her tomorrow morning. It's already late..." Ishita reasoned. Manasi sighed and looked at Aarushi. She signaled with her eyes to stay quiet, and instantly Manasi nodded her head.

" Let's have food..." Aarushi said, feeling hungry. Everyone went back to the dining hall to have the food. They started having food in silence but Manasi started the conversation to break the silence. She doesn't want to feel awkward between them.

The conversation went smoothly. Everyone talked very cautiously avoiding the family topic which became a very sensitive topic.

.....

After cleaning the table and arranging the kitchen, Manasi went to sleep in the guest room. But Aarushi waited to talk with Ishita privately. She went to her bedroom to talk with Ishita.

As soon as Ishita sensed Aarushi's presence, Ishita asked, " Do you need anything? "

" No... I mean ...I am here to talk with you about ..."

Before Aarushi completed her words, Ishita said, " I don't want to speak about Rishab..."

" Ishita ... you are thinking wrong. I wanted to talk with you about Jhanu Aunty. I would never remind you about him because it hurts you. But..." Aarushi stopped in the middle.

Then she continued, " But ... now I understand that you didn't come out of his thoughts. And I understood that you too have feelings for him...."

" I have nothing for him except hatred " she spat out.

She sighed sadly and said, " I can feel your pain. Rishab made a big mistake by leaving everyone. Your anger is also justified. But don't worry, you can punish him for what he did with you. "

" What do you mean! And why will I punish him? " Ishita asked her.

" Rithwik assigned a few people to search for Rishab. Hope we will find him soon. After he returns, you can punish him until your anger subsides..." Aarushi replied.

She glared at her and said, " I have no relation with a person who is a cheater and liar. I hate him..."

" Yeah.... I can see your hatred on your tongue and your love for him in your eyes" Aarushi said.

" Will you stop talking about him? " Ishita shouted.

" It was you who first talked about him..." she said. Then she continued, " I am here to talk about Jhanu Aunty. After Rishab left, her health was not good. Recently she was admitted to a hospital because of high blood pressure ...."