Chapter 39

Ishita POV

When I opened my eyes and realised that I was alone in my bedroom. But I could hear some noises outside my bedroom. I quickly stood up from the bed as I panicked, reminiscing about yesterday 's incident. Subconsciously, the sound of voices drew me towards the hallway where I quietly approached to listen to their conversation. As I stood there, hidden from sight, I witnessed Rishab’s outburst at Tony Bhai.

I longed for Rishab to exhibit affection and protective instincts towards me. As I reflected on his possessiveness and my mixed emotions, a sense of determination grew within me. Despite feeling a hint of satisfaction knowing that he was possessive of me, it was crucial for him to channel his emotions in a more healthy and respectful way.

 But when I noticed Rishab's angry expression as he raised his hand at Tony Bhai, I could not take it easy. That too at his best friend.

Only then could we cultivate a healthy and harmonious relationship that was based on mutual respect and understanding.

Immediately, I went to them so that I could stop Rishab from hurting Tony Bhai further. The moment my voice rose in rebuke, Rishab recoiled from Tony Bhai, a clear response to the error I had called out—his negligence in leaving me to fend for myself. The remorse was evident in his gaze, a silent testament to the impact of my words. Pity stirred within me, recognizing his earnest efforts to seek my pardon, yet I concealed my feelings, choosing instead to accompany Tony Bhai and Maanasi to my bedroom. Tony Bhai had sustained a cut on his lip that required immediate attention. I was curious to test the lengths Rishab would go to earn back my favour, even as I sternly imposed a task upon him.

Upon my instruction, Rishab remained quiet. He agreed to the task of preparing breakfast and coffee, enough to serve three individuals.

Rishab accepted my directive with silence, offering no resistance as he made his way to the kitchen. Once he had departed from the bedroom, Tony Bhai turned to me with an inquisitive look and remarked, "It appears you're willing to give him an opportunity to demonstrate his affection for you."

I found myself enveloped in silence, unsure of how to respond. Memories of the previous night's events began to surface—his earnest pleas, the gentle reassurance he provided when I was jolted awake by a nightmare. There was an undeniable truth in the safety and security I felt in his proximity, within the solace of his warm embrace. As I remained wordless, Tony Bhai began to speak once more. I looked at Maanasi who stood beside me with tears filled eyes who was already looking at Tony.

I held her hand and squeezed her palm gently as I could feel her pain seeing Tony Bhai with a cut. 

Instantly she wiped the tears at the corner of her eyes hiding her love for Tony Bhai and stared at him. 

“ Sorry… it had all happened because of me…” I apologise sincerely.

Tony Bhai smiled weakly, placing his finger at the corner of his lips.

" Ishita, I don't feel bad even if he stabs me with a knife. Because he is my best friend. Not that I knew how much he loves you … " Tony Bhai 

Spoke to me gently.

I glared at him by listening to his last words. " Ishu….there's something about him that you aren't aware of." He said.

I knitted my eyes as I didn't understand what he meant. 

Tony Bhai shared a revelation that caught me off guard, "Rishab has been in love with you for the past four years," he told me. His words prompted me to look at him in astonishment. He continued to unravel the tale, "He first laid eyes on you at the 'Exploring Young Talent' show in Mumbai. Back then, you were just a fresher at the university, studying fashion design."