Chapter 47

Ishita PoV:

My hands trembled as I struggled to process the implications of the message. The realisation that someone was watching, monitoring my every move, filled me with a sense of vulnerability and dread. With a deep breath, I forced myself to remain composed, knowing that I had to stay strong in the face of this threat.

Just then, the door opened wide, my heart skipped a beat. And I found Rishab standing there. His unexpected presence caught me off guard, leaving me momentarily speechless.

''I need to shift my clothes to the guest room," he said, his voice breaking the tense silence that hung between us.His words echoed in the room, adding to the weight of the situation. I couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt and sadness at the realisation that our relationship had reached such a state of distance and mistrust. With a heavy heart, I nodded silently, unable to find the words to express the turmoil raging within me. As Rishab began to gather his belongings, I watched in silence.

Lowering my gaze, I desperately tried to conceal the vulnerability of my state, unwilling to let Rishab see the turmoil that churned within me.

Just then, the mobile in my hand rang again. Startled, I flinched, and in my panicked state, I dropped my mobile in fear. The sound of it hitting the floor echoed in the room, adding to the tension that hung in the air. My heart raced as I struggled to regain my composure, the fear of the unknown looming over me like a dark cloud. With trembling hands, I bent down to pick up my mobile, my mind racing with a million thoughts and possibilities. The uncertainty of who was on the other end of the line only added to my anxiety, leaving me feeling vulnerable and exposed.

Immediately, Rishab ran in my direction and held my arm, concern etched on his face. "What happened? Why are you looking scared?" he asked, his voice filled with worry as he examined my face for any signs of distress.

Feeling his touch and hearing his words, I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Despite the tension between us, his instinctive response to my fear reminded me of the bond we shared and the concern he still harbored for me. Gathering my courage, I forced a shaky smile and shook my head, trying to reassure him. "It's nothing, just a bit startled by the sudden noise," I replied, hoping to downplay my reaction.

Rishab's expression softened with understanding, and he gently squeezed my arm in reassurance. "If you're sure," he said, though the concern still lingered in his eyes.

With a nod, I returned his gaze, grateful for his comforting presence in that moment of vulnerability. As we stood there together, his mobile rang. He took out his mobile and then immediately attended the call with a small smile.

As I heard the conversation over the call, I understood the call from Tony. While talking over the call, he quietly walked out of the room.

As Rishab stepped away from me, a wave of fear engulfed me once again. Despite my desire for his comforting presence, I hesitated to ask him to stay with me in the same room, mindful of the tension that lingered between us after the events of the afternoon. The fear of rejection clouded in mind.

After a few moments, he came back to the room to gather his belongings. 

“ Rishab…. I think you can take them tomorrow….” I suggested as I felt so ashamed of my behaviour.

He gave a weird look at me and was opposed to my words. But before that I lied, “ I am tired and sleepy. Just I want to take a bath ....”

Without saying any words, he nodded his head and turned away to leave the door.

“ But don't skip your dinner. It's not good to show anger on food…” he said before walking out of the bedroom.

On hearing his words, I felt like crying. I never expected him to show so much care even after hurting his heart with my rude behaviour.