Chapter 30

Ishita POV

I don't know what happened after the conversation with dad. The next morning, mom came to Mumbai when I was getting ready to go to work.

" How are you, sweety? " she greeted me.

" Fine… Amma…" I replied.

" You didn't tell me about your visit here! " Dad asked Amma. It seems Dad also doesn't know about her arrival.

" I wanted to visit Maanasi …." She replied.

" Still… you wanted to meet them? " Dad questioned Amma.

" Maanasi is also like my daughter. And whatever happened in the hospital between you and Jhanu is not my problem…" she replied.

" And I don't know what happened to your brain! Huh! You didn't remember how many years of our friendship and bonding with them! " Amma questioned seriously.

" I knew very well. But that doesn't matter to me because my daughter and her future is more important to me!! " Dad answered.

" If you are thinking of your daughter's happiness matters most so for me. She is also my only daughter…" Amma argued.

" Amma… please don't fight with dad because of me …." I pleaded.

" Then just remove your nuptial chain around your neck and end this matter now itself. When you hate him so much then you should not think about the consequences of removing the nuptial chain…" Mom said.

She stepped closer to me, looking at the nuptial chain.

" He saved my dignity and took care of me when I was in a traumatic state. How can I think something bad about him? Especially when Sastri ji strictly said it's not a good sign of taking off the nuptial chain ?  So I don't want to remove it …" I explained the same to my mom.

She looked at me and said, " When you hate someone so deeply, you should not think of their well-being.  But when you can't think of something bad about that person then it's not hatred…." 

" Better you decide your feelings for him as soon as possible before some other woman enters his life…" she said.

" Sowmya …. Why are you confusing her? " Dad yelled.

" Because…  Rishab is the only one who loves her and fights for her after us…" Amma said.

" That's why he left my daughter alone a few months back. He is a coward…" Dad retorted.

" Then punish your son in law. Teach him a lesson…" she suggested.

" He is not my son in law anymore…" Dad said sternly.

" But he is my son in law…" saying she walked away from us. I stared at dad, feeling restless.

He came to me and placed his hand on my head, " My princess… I respect your decision. I will support you…."

I embraced dad as I was confused with Amma's words. 

" Dad… he hurt me so deeply. How can Amma suggest to me to go to him? I gathered myself and was trying to stand on myself. I don't want to be in that situation again. I don't want  to leave me alone again " I poured out all my insecurities, my fears which were hiding in my heart to my dad.

" How can I give a chance to that person who doesn't know the meaning of love?? " I expressed my doubts to my dad.

He patted gently on my back and said, " Everything will be alright. Don't stress yourself. And I promise you that until my last breath no one will try to force you to do something you don't want to do, even if it is your Amma…"