Chapter 36

Hi lovely readers

Sorry for the late update...

But I hope you all enjoy reading this update. If you like it, please vote and comment on this chapter.

Author  POV continues…

“ Ishu ….please…” I  pleaded.  

“ Once I made a grave mistake by leaving you. I can't repeat it….” He said.

Looking at the sincerity in Rishab's eyes, Ishita permitted him to stay back in her bedroom.  He helped her to sleep on the bed and then slowly he walked to the couch in the room and laid his back on it. But sleep was far from his eyes. 

A few minutes later, Ishita went to sleep but he was thinking of her nightmare and the pill she took after the nightmare. He was anxious about her. And also he knew she doesn't share her thoughts with him because of their gap. But he really wants to help her as he loves her so much.

After a while, he heard her mumbling something in her sleep. He quickly stood up from the couch and went to bed. He noticed her sweaty forehead and worried expression on her face. He sat beside her, taking her hand into his hand. He held gently and whispered, “ Ishu… I am here with you. Sleep peacefully…”

Moments later, she held his hands tightly and turned to his side in her sleep as if she felt safe in his touch. He gently caressed her hair looking at her face. He noticed dark circles under her eyes. He reminisced about her features on their wedding days, the spark in her eyes, smile on her lips, the natural glow on her face. He felt ashamed looking at her state. 

“ I need to bring my old Ishu who is strong and energetic. I need to cherish her and make her forget the bitter past….” He was determined in his heart.

……

Rishab sleep was disturbed with the ringing sound of his mobile.  In his sleep state, he tried to turn the phone on silent. Then he found Ishita nestled in his arms and his hands around her waist. He doesn't remember when they changed their position in their sleep. He carefully disentangled himself from her grip, not wanting to disturb her peaceful slumber.  He looked at her face. Gently, he kissed her forehead before getting up to let her rest. He took out his mobile from his pocket and found the missed call from Preetham.

He walked out of the room without making a sound and closed the door behind him. Then he made a call to Tony.

Tony PoV:

My sleep was disturbed with  the ringing sound of my mobile. Lazily I opened my eyes and looked the display name. I noticed it was from Rishab.

Just then I realised, Maanu’s head was on my chest and was sleeping like a cute kid.

I reminisced about what happened last night staring at her face….

 After Ishita hurriedly left, I turned around and saw Maanasi standing nearby, her face filled with anxiety.

Approaching her, I reassured, “Everything will be alright. Don't stress yourself in this condition…”

She nodded silently, her distress palpable. After locking the main door, I noticed her walking straight into the bedroom, clearly agitated by unanswered calls. Concerned, I followed, feeling an unexplained pull toward her.

Entering the room, I found her sitting at the edge of the bed, her head bowed.

“Maanu…. We can go to the hospital tomorrow and visit the babygirl. Don't feel bad. I think…everyone at the hospital doesn't want you to have trouble with your fractured hand,” I reasoned.