Chapter 45

Hi readers

Good news for all of you. I am going to post three updates in a week as I am getting time from now on.

But my humble request to vote and comment to support me.

Rishab PoV:

I got Prasad from the counter, then searched for Ishita. She stood with our parents near the parking lot.

Ishita appeared visibly concerned, but with everyone present, I decided to wait until we were home to address her. I knew it was best to have a private conversation.

After some time, we arrived at our apartment. Our parents, along with others, proceeded inside, but I halted Ishita by calling out her name.

She stared at me but continued walking as if I weren't there. Determined, I reached out and grabbed her wrist before she could enter the apartment, guiding her to a secluded corner of the lobby floor.

" leave my hand ..." She said sternly.

I remembered teasing her earlier that morning and apologised, saying, 'Sorry for teasing you...'"

"How could you act so smart huh?? Is this a way you flirt with every woman? "She questioned me with a serious expression.  For a few seconds, I could not take her words. 

Immediately, I left her hand and asked, " Don't you trust me! "

I saw you talking with Nithya at the temple with my own eyes. Now, don't try to play innocent with me. I won't trust you," she said. Her words cut deep,  the small hope in my heart disappeared.

“Remember my words. I'm trying to keep our parents happy. I don't want to come between a son and his parents because of me. I will keep up this act until they're with us. Then there will be nothing between us," she said firmly, with unwavering determination.

“ Ishu …. You …totally misunderstood the situation. Please listen to me once….” I pleaded. 

Instantly she turned away from me without a word. I felt lost, unsure of how to prove my love to her. After betraying her trust once, she no longer believed in me or my words.

“ Ishu…. Please give me one last chance…” I kneeled and held her wrist.

Just then, Ma's aunt intervened, saying, "Hey, sorry to disturb you both, but I need to talk to Ishita about something."

Ishita glanced back at me, her expression a mix of frustration and relief at the interruption. "Sure, Grandma. What do you need to talk about?" she asked, diverting her attention from our conversation.

“ Let's talk in private…” Grandma said, looking at me.

I stood there, watching as they walked away, feeling a sense of longing and regret weighing heavily on my heart. How could I ever make things right with Ishita after everything that had transpired?

Standing in the same place, I couldn't shake off the weight of our earlier conversation. Feelings of helplessness engulfed me, knowing that I had caused her pain and uncertainty. I wished I could turn back time, undo my mistakes, and show her the love and sincerity she deserved. But as I stood there, lost in regret and longing, I knew that the road to redemption would be long and so hard. Yet, I was determined to do whatever it took to make things right with Ishita.

Ishita POV:

As I searched for Rishab inside the temple premises, I stumbled upon a conversation between him and Nithya. Hidden from their view, I listened in, my heart filled with anticipation and hope, yearning to hear his words affirming his love for me. Each heartfelt confession echoed through my mind, igniting a spark of joy and reassurance within me. 

But then, amidst the joy of hearing Rishab's confession, a wave of fear washed over me as I remembered Sharvan's ominous threat and the unsettling predictions of my earlier horoscope. The thought of putting Rishab in danger was unbearable. With a heavy heart, I made a solemn decision to distance myself from him, knowing that it was the only way to ensure his safety. Despite the pain it caused, I resolved to sacrifice my own happiness for his well-being.

Silently, I turned away from the scene, leaving behind the echoes of Rishab's words and the turmoil in my heart. With a heavy sigh, I rejoined our families, plastering a smile on my face to mask the inner turmoil I was experiencing. Despite the ache of my decision, I knew it was the only choice I could make to safeguard Rishab and our loved ones from the looming threat. And so, I resigned myself to the painful reality of my sacrifice, carrying the weight of my choice with every step I took.

As soon as we reached our building, Rishab stopped me, his gaze searching my face for any sign of change. I could see the concern in his eyes, the worry etched on his features. He must have sensed something was amiss, perhaps thinking back to the morning incident in the bedroom. My heart ached at the thought of hurting him, especially when he was trying so hard to win my love. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to reveal the truth, to risk his safety for the sake of our relationship. With a heavy heart, I faked anger and accused him of a false relationship with Nithya, hoping that he would stay away from me for his own protection.

As I turned away from him, unable to bear the pain in his eyes, I felt a deep sense of despair wash over me. It tore me apart to see him hurt, but I knew that I had no other choice. Just then, Grandma approached us, wanting to speak with me. Without a word, I silently walked away from the place, carrying the weight of my decision with each step. 

As Grandma led me to the empty room, a sense of unease settled over us both. I could feel her hesitation, the weight of unspoken words hanging heavy in the air. Despite her reluctance, I waited patiently, sensing that whatever she had to say was of utmost importance. 

"Grandma, you can talk about anything. Please don't hesitate," I said, trying to reassure her and encourage her to share whatever was on her mind. My voice was gentle, filled with understanding and a willingness to listen.

As she took my hands into hers, her weak smile betrayed the gravity of her words. "I knew about the horoscope and the predictions for your married life through your mom," she spoke softly. Her admission sent a shiver down my spine, realising that my fate had been foretold long before I even had a chance to shape it.