chapter 23

Hi readers

I am sorry for the late update. But I promise you all that the next update will be before Monday ....

Don't forget to vote and comment

Tony POV

I was stunned to find Rishab standing at the door and immediately I released Maanasi's hand.

Without talking to me, he walked towards her bed and stood on the other side of the bed. 

" You don't know how much I was scared when I came to know about your accident…" he said, kneeling on the floor. 

I could sense how emotional he was with his quivering tone and tearful eyes.

" Anna… I am sorry for making you worry…" she said softly.

Just then, I felt someone enter the door and turned my head. Then I noticed Aarushi walking towards us while crying silently.

Somehow, I was relieved knowing he is not Rishab in my mind.

" Maanu ….  How could you cross the road carelessly? Do you know how worried I was? " saying she started weeping.

" Don't cry. It's not good for the baby…."  Manu spoke with difficulty.

Meanwhile, the nurse entered the room and said, " Everyone visited the patient, now please go out and wait outside. Patient needs some rest ...."

" I am a doctor. I can understand your words . But I want to stay with her as she is my best friend. I don't disturb the patient…" Aarushi pleaded with the nurse. 

Nurse stared at her face and then her pregnant belly. She nodded her head and left the place. 

" Tony … I need to talk with you …" Rithwik said with a serious expression. I felt so nervous by the way he spoke. My heart beat rate increased with anxiety, thinking he might have noticed me kissing Manu's forehead. I stared at Manu's face from the corner of my eyes. I also sensed she was looking at my face on hearing Rithwik calling my name.

Slowly and silently, I walked out of the room. As soon as I stepped out, Rithwik held my hand and pushed me to the wall. He fisted my collar and looked at me angrily.

" What kind of person are you? Huh? " he roared.

" I thought you were a good friend of my twin brother and a good person. I had so much trust in you. But…" he shouted.

" Rithwik...listen… to …me…" I tried to explain. 

" First … let me …talk…" he refused. He was not in a mood to hear anything from me.

" What do you want me to hear? Huh? " 

" I thought every problem would be sorted out after Raagini's death. But… I was wrong. He left us. And you supported him being his best friend. I didn't expect that from you …" he shouted.

I could see disappointment and sadness in his eyes. I felt so guilty.

" Because of his foolish decision…. Mom's health has deteriorated and we had to see Manu in this state…." He said and loosened his grip at my shirt.

" Rithwik…. I can understand your state. But …please listen to me why I had to support him…" I pleaded.

" What is there now to listen to?" He asked me in an irritating tone.

" I had to support him in that situation as he was upset with the sudden death of Raagini…." I reasoned. I could not hide it anymore , what happened that night.