chapter 44

Hi readers

Sorry for the late update. I tried to give a lengthy chapter. Hope you support me through your votes and comments.

Rishab POV

For a moment, we remained locked in each other's embrace, our eyes meeting in a silent exchange of longing and desire. And in that fleeting moment, I felt the weight of our shared history melt away, replaced by an overwhelming sense of possibility and hope. But just as quickly as it had begun, the moment passed, reality crashing down upon like a wave against the shore.

Then I felt Ishita gently push me away, her voice tinged with a hint of regret.

" Leave me," she wriggled, her eyes betraying the longing in her heart. 

"We need to get ready for the temple." She said, I nodded reluctantly, expressing a mixture of disappointment and understanding.

 "I know. I was trying to help to untangle your hair" I replied, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Don't you dare. I know what is going on in your mind," she hissed, her voice trembling with rage. 

"This is not a game, Rishab. We have to focus on what's important right now, and that's getting ready for the temple."

Then I realised my proximity is also affecting her just like me. 

“Then tell me what is going on in my mind as per you “ he asked.

She glared at me. 

But I remained unfazed, but she sensed playful demeanour unwavering in my face.  With a smirk, I tightened his grip on her waist, effectively trapping her in our position.

“ Until you answer my question. I won't let you go…” I teased. 

My playful response only fueled Ishita's frustration.  But she doesn't know that wriggling of her body against me igniting fire in my body. Finally,  With a frustrated sigh, she finally relented, her anger simmering beneath the surface as she begrudgingly accepted defeat.

" I don't want to talk with you, " she snapped, her voice laced with resignation. 

I sighed in relief and said “  if you don't want to talk with me. It's fine. But listen to me,”.

She looked at him with confusion.

“ I don't mind if you are angry at me. As I know that I brutally hurt your feelings. But … don't trust Nithya and her words. I only have a place for you in my heart” I pleaded.

Taking advantage of our position, I cupped her face and pleaded with my eyes. “ Ishu… trust me…please…” I begged.

She looked straight into my eyes as if she was trying to read my mind. For a few seconds, there was silence between us. 

“ I love you. … Ishu … “ I said.I could feel her racing heartbeat with our closeness. My eyes dropped for just an instant and noticed her pink lips. I badly wanted to touch it and traced with my thumb at her lower lips.

“ Damn…how soft and tempting… “ I thought. 

“ What are you trying to do!! “ Her voice made him come out of his thoughts. 

“ That ….” I stuttered.

“ First untangle my hair. …” She spat out angrily. 

“ I too wanted to help you but what to do!!  But I was distracted. I am losing my control.  Your lips are so tempting. I wanted to….” Before I completed, she slapped on my chest while glaring at me.