chapter 24

Rishab POV

I was scared to see her burning glare before walking away from me. Then I realised that I slipped my tongue even before thinking. 

" Ishu… sorry… I didn't mean to hurt you" I apologised to her in my heart.

Then I walked to the bathroom with a heavy heart. To take the toothpaste from the stand  for brushing.  All my thoughts went to last night where I met that man whom Ishita was with. I felt something was wrong with him, especially with his behaviour. 

I didn't understand why Ishita went on a date with him. 

" Didn't she find a better person than him? Will he look after her carefully all his life? " I doubted while continuing his personal chore.

……

Once he came out of the bathroom, finishing the bath, he noticed his father standing.

" I know you don't have a fresh pair of trousers and shirt to wear. Take my shirt and adjust for today…" Abhiram said sternly.

" Thank you…" I said and took it from his hand.

" Don't be overjoyed thinking I forgave you. I came here to give this shirt as per your mom's suggestion, " he said. 

Then he continued, " I will forgive you when you fulfil my promise which you gave me in the hospital …"  

" I will try my best…." I replied.

" I will see …" dad said and left the room. I quickly got ready as some unknown happiness filled my heart wearing dad's shirt.

When I came out of the room, I found dad and mom were having their breakfast in the dining hall. Just then mom looked at me and said," come and have breakfast. We need to go to the hospital quickly …"

I sat beside her but my heart was searching for Ishita. 

" Did she have her breakfast or not? " I thought in my mind while mom was serving me poha on the plate.

" Did you take your medicine? "Dad asked mom in a serious tone.

She shook her head silently.

" How many times should I take medicine without forgetting? " Dad questioned mom as if the teacher was instructing the student.

" Mom…. Where are your medicines? " I asked her as her expression changed due to dad's lecture.

" my medicine box is… In… that room …" she indicated with her finger. Immediately, I stood up from the chair and went to the bedroom to get her medicine.

I looked around the room in search of a medicine box. I found it on the bedside table. When I reached that place and took the medicine box, I heard the door creaking sound from the other side of the bed. 

I turned my head in the direction and found Ishita standing. Her body wrapped with a fluffy white towel and her hair wet, dripping water. I forget to blink my eyes being mesmerised with her beauty. As she noticed my presence, she crossed her hands covering her upper exposed skin.

She turned away showing her back and asked," How could you enter the bedroom without knocking the door?  Don't you have some decency? " 

As soon as she spoke those words, I felt a sting pain in my heart as she pricked me with sharp words. I was ready to accept her punishment as I hurt her feelings but her words made me angry.

" I never imagined that you were so cheap that you entered …" before she completed that sentences, 

I went closer to her as it was so hurtful to know how her feelings changed for me. I gripped her arm tightly and twirled towards it in one go.