Chapter 37

Note : last night incident between Manu and Tony is in Italic font. Hope readers are not confused.

Tony PoV continues …

Just then, my mobile started ringing, it was in my back pocket. I realised what I had done and  moved away from her. I quickly took it out from my pocket and gulped my throat on seeing the display name. It was from Rishab.

Meanwhile, she was staring at the change in expression on my face.  I quickly attended the call and came to know what happened at the hospital. I was so upset about the situation.

“ What happened? Is everything fine? “ She inquired, holding my arm. “ Is the baby and Aarushi  fine? “

I nodded my head as I didn't understand how to tell her about Shravan and his deeds.

“ Tony…. Tell me without hiding anything from me…” she pleaded.

Taking a deep breath, I spoke, “ nothing to worry about Aarushi or the baby. Sleep now. We can talk about it later…” 

I turned away from her to leave the place. But she stopped me by saying, “ So …. Now you regret kissing me…”

My gaze met hers, and with a heavy sigh, I admitted, "No, it's not about regret. It's about something else…."

“ It's so complicated to understand you. One time you make me feel that you love me and you care for me but one time you behave as if I am a stranger who cannot be trusted… ” She said with a bit of frustration.

"I know it's confusing, and I'm sorry for that. There are things I'm trying to sort out and it's not the time to talk about us…." I explained, hoping to ease her frustration.

“ understood… you don't trust me to share things…with me. Fine…” she mocked.

I turned to her and cupped her face with one hand. "It's not about trust, Maanu. I don't want to stress you from unnecessary worries.  But if you want to know, I'll share everything," I replied, hoping to reassure her. 

“ When you are with me then why do I feel stressed? Huh. I know you are there to take very good care of me…” she said, keeping confidence.

As I knew she was so stubborn, I made her sit on the edge and took a seat beside her. I decided to tell the truth without hiding anything. I told what happened at the hospital and Aarushi’s condition. Most importantly who was behind it.  I watched her reactions, hoping she would understand the complexity of the circumstances.

The next moment, she held my hand tightly with tears in her eyes and requested to take her to visit Aarushi. With a shared understanding of their deep friendship with Aarushi, I could feel her pain. But I can't risk taking her to the hospital in this situation. 

In that tender moment, I reassured her, "I promise, tomorrow we'll go to the hospital. Everything will be okay," as I wiped away the tears beneath her eyes and embraced her gently, hoping to provide her comfort.

“ I think …. Someone casted an evil eye on our family. Mom’s health is not good, My brothers are suffering and there is no peace in our family ,” She mumbled while sobbing.

Listening to her heartfelt words, I held her closer, acknowledging the weight of her pain. "Sometimes life is tough, but we can face it together with the support of our loved ones. We'll get through this," I whispered, comforting.

“ We should not leave that bastard ….Shravan….” She said gritting her teeth.

“ Don't worry… Rishab and I will handle him…” I assured her. We stayed in silence for a few moments.