Chapter 2: Ninja Academy

'Well, let's go over what we know. In the future, he should supposedly be the fourth Kazekage, Gaara's father and the person Orochimaru used as an alibi to invade Konoha with the sand village, which means Rasa ended up dying at some point in the story and being replaced by Orochimaru.'

'Nothing very encouraging I must say' he said to himself amused with the inconvenient situation he was in.

'But on the bright side, I now find myself 8 years after the end of the first ninja world war, in an extremely poor village because of the unsuitable terrain to progress and the clear consequences left by the war, but apparently Rasa's two parents were elite Jōnin who were familiar with the third Kazekage and to make things better, they left him a large amount of money for the next few years and also many useful scrolls with which he can accelerate his progress as a ninja, which was indispensable if he wanted to survive'

'I am currently only 6 years old, but Rasa already extracted chakras at the age of 5 years old with the help of his parents and he had already started training in basic Ninjutsu and Taijutsu, showing great talent which was seen by his parents and also the third Kazekage since his parents were from his faction, so I also had a good relationship with him, which would facilitate my future progress if I have his support.'

'Now I just need to focus on improving quickly and showing my abilities to the Kazekage to get more benefits and progress soon, being ready for the next Second Shinobi World War which would be in only 12 years, so I don't have that much time, I must hurry in my training and power increase' Tom thought with a firm and determined look.

4 months after Tom Curi's transmigration to Rasa.

After settling on his goals and stopping thinking so much about how he was in this situation or why he was in this situation, Tom started to concentrate on what he had to do to survive in this extreme situation he was in and how to make quick progress using all his knowledge and advantages.

The first thing he did was to recognize the name Rasa as his own along with his 6-year-old body to start shaping his future.

Thanks to this he achieved great progress during this time, he stayed locked in his house practicing the scrolls that belonged to his parents at all times, the only thing he went out for was to supply the house with the basic necessities and this was only once a week, so he had almost no contact with anyone in the village.

There were only a few villagers who knew him and who used to ask worried about his situation, but after giving them some dry and quick answers they left him alone since they could understand his situation and knew that he needed time to recover from the death of his parents.

All his effort in these months gave great results, not only did he control his chakras, but he increased his reserves quite a bit and also managed to learn a lot of level C ninjutsu that his parents had left at home.

To Tom's surprise, this was extremely simple and fast, it was a pity that his chakras below Genin, were not enough to learn level B ninjutsu.

Rasa could control and use the Elements Wind, Earth, Water, and Yin, which gave Tom a vast amount of ninjutsu to learn.

But Tom was now in big trouble, as he recently received a notice from the Kazekage that he must begin a formal apprenticeship at the ninja academy, as he is 6 years old.

The third Kazekage arranged for him to enter his first year at the academy, even though Tom didn't really want to go, as it was a waste of time since he already knew most of the things they teach there, so the academy can't give him any new knowledge to help him improve quickly.

But as everything has its pros and cons, in this case, if he goes to the academy, he can gain more fame in the village, get the attention of the higher-ups, and have access to more benefits.

He is sure that if the third Kazekage sees a good performance and progress in a few years he would take him as a direct apprentice since he already has a good relationship with the parents of Rasa and Rasa has a great natural talent.

That's how the next morning, Tom/Rasa headed to the ninja academy, a round building, rather poor and large in size compared to other buildings in the village.

It was one of the largest buildings Tom/Rasa saw in the village, obviously, the Kazekage's building was the most prominent of all.

Upon entering his study hall, he was surprised to find a large number of children of various ages, ranging from 5 to 9 years old, all in one room.

But considering the poor state of the village and the scarcity of resources, it is more than understandable that so many children of different ages would be accommodated in the same room.

Tom looked around the classroom in search of a seat and just as he was about to go to take his place, two very similar children approached him.

"Rasa, I haven't seen you for months, I was already starting to worry if you would be okay, my sister keeps asking about you in the village," said one of the boys.

"Yashamaru!" said the other embarrassed boy who if one looks closely, one can distinguish that she is a girl and apparently Yashamaru's Sister.

" H-hello Rasa, how have you been these days, are you feeling better already, if you need anything, you know you can tell me," said again the girl embarrassed and a little nervous.

Yashamaru repeated, putting his hand on his chest in the position of a fist: "That's right, don't hesitate to talk to us".

'So this is Yashamaru and Karura, the twin brothers. If I remember correctly the girl in front of me is my future wife Karura and the boy is her twin brother, both were born a year after me. I remember that her family is also part of the third Kazekage's faction, so since childhood, they have had a close relationship with Rasa' thought Tom/Rasa.

Both twins had short light brown hair that doesn't reach their shoulders, but the girl had beautiful bright blue eyes, while her brother has a more dull blue-gray shade.

Karura looked very embarrassed by what her brother said when she greeted him.

Listening to them, Tom/Rasa couldn't help but show a smile, these two children were the only friends Rasa had in the village since she was little, and apparently, the girl despite being only 5 years old already shows signs of feeling a great attachment for Rasa.

'No doubt Naruto's children mature at a very premature age, only 5 years old and they already have this behavior, and his brother apparently admires Rasa. how awkward' thought Tom.

"Don't worry, I needed some time alone, but I'm better now, I took the opportunity to focus on my practice these days to improve my strength and if I need anything you can be sure I'll let you know thank you" replied Tom/Rasa with a barely visible smile and a calm voice and tone that didn't sound like that of a 6-year-old.

The twins smiled in agreement with Rasa's response, downplaying his mature tone.

The three of them sat down together and continued to talk about different things that had happened to them over the past few months.

They sat at the back of the right side of the classroom next to the windows at Rasa's request.

Karura sat next to Rasa, while Yashamaru was across from the two of them and went from chatting with them to chatting with other of his friends in the classroom.

Apparently, he was a very social and friendly boy.

On the other hand, Karura seemed to be happy and content just being next to Rasa as she couldn't help smiling all the time while chatting with him.